Sundown Audio

Power Bass Or Power Acoustick?

goinpro

actually the a3000db puts out rated power + some, dont let the name brand fool you, its a common proven amp board/design used by about 5+ other companies like Planet Audio, and a few other good names... By far best wattage you can get for the money... I owned 2, first one did have a problem with it, I still dont know if it was my pre amp, or a defective amp that fizzled it, or a bad signal from my head unit - which I did find out my deck had jacked up solder job on the RCAs

i totally dont agree, yea they all use the same board but they do not to 2300 rms at 1ohm. I owned the planet and it did its job while i had it, the power acoustiks are worth about what you pay for them. I'm willing to bet ANY other amp with the 2300rms rating will be a better amp then the a3000db if you measure the actual power out of them. I know alot of people like them because they are cheap but seriously they dont put out 2300 or even close to 2300 rms.

I liked my powerbass...i ended up breaking it but it went through hell, on a stock 110 amp alt and stock battery it took drops to 9 volts like it wasnt a problem, so low my mids and highs amp would shut off and the powerbass would keep kickin, after a few months of being mounted on the box with a btl 18 a few caps broke off the board and she fried.....

Thats exactly why i tell ppl never to mount amps on the sub enclosure

well i ended up going with RF's over all. I got a good deal on the t10001 in the for sale so I picked it up. Thanks for all the replies though. I am looking at picking up a PB 600.4 for my mids and highs

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

HU: AVIC-D2

Fronts: ARC Audio KAR KS6006 Components

AA Poly Mids/ CDT CW-19 Tweets in kicks

Front Amp: Profile AP400x2

Rear Fill: None

Sub: DC LVL 4 (CF Dustcap) x2 (waiting for dustcaps)

AMP: RF t10001bd x2 (1400-1500 @ 1 ohm)

Wire: Welding Supply/Lighting Audio 1/0 Power/Ground

Zero Noise 2.0zn RCA (x2)

260 Amp Iraggi Alternator

i totally dont agree, yea they all use the same board but they do not to 2300 rms at 1ohm. I owned the planet and it did its job while i had it, the power acoustiks are worth about what you pay for them. I'm willing to bet ANY other amp with the 2300rms rating will be a better amp then the a3000db if you measure the actual power out of them. I know alot of people like them because they are cheap but seriously they dont put out 2300 or even close to 2300 rms.

If you consider 1900-2k not even close. There is no chance they put out 2300+, but you guys are talking about them like they are doing 1krms @1 ohm...they aren't a pyramid amp.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...