Sundown Audio

Help picking out an amplifier

Hadec

i would try to run more than 3000 watts because those subs can handle more than RMS. Im thinking that you should run 2 amps that are ~2000rms at 1 ohm, and get the Dual 2 ohm voice coils, and strap the amps ..... Also the Hifonics HiFi series amps do NOT put out the power they say they do... just my 2 cents.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

To run at 1 ohm, you will need 2 D1's.

You could get 2 amps @ 2000 watts RMS now, usually 2000 watts will run you around 200$ so you could get right around your budget.

From the givin options I'd go with the Audiopipe. They have been clamped in the past and will do rated. You will not havin the perfect electrical and after rise you arent going to see 3k all the time out of any amp here. Remember you get what you pay for.

Do you intend on upgrading in the future? Most likely. Money was tight for me so I considered this when choosing. It's easy to just grab another 3k amp later, than havin to replace most of the set up. Plus buying a lot of 1/0 wire gets expensive.

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest