Some Designs For My New Box

Alright Ive been thinking about a few different designs for a subbox for my 8 inch rockford that is in my truck. 2 of the designs are center console boxes and the other one is a behind the seat box. All the boxes are tuned to 34-36hz. And the measurements arent exact because I didnt calculate in woodthickness since this is the first time ever using sketchup but they are easily within 1/2inch of what they will be if I build

This is the first console box the port will be facing to the back of the truck and the sub towards the roof. The sub is also inverted with this box

81ph2zk.jpg

This is the second console box the sub is still firing up towards the roof and so is the port. Port is closer to windshield and the sub is closer to the back of the truck

7xkb7fp.jpg

This is the last box design that will go behind the seat. I put the sub hole on the wrong side so the port will be firing towards the passenger door and the sub firing towards the windshield

6tn9g2a.jpg

for an 8 inch sub i would go with a t-line box

if u dont know how read here

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=1828

it will make that sub work at its peak potential

but u shouldnt feed it more than its rms watts

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

the first design is tight that T-line should make the 8 work good

Team O.B.M

'97 Tahoe

Build after the new year!!!

Kenwood kdc-x794/16gig android tablet

6 sets of Crescendo ccx65s

2 18s

2 Sundown saz 4500s

2 Sundown sax 100.4

1 Mechman SMD spec 360a

4 XS d1400s

My Feed Back

http://www.stevemead...showtopic=44841

2lc49k5.jpgub

If you can squeezea a box like this behind your seat (this is a 12" that was max 7" deep in the middle 4" at top, and 6" at bottom, you should be able to do a pretty bad ass little tline back there, I built this box, and was amazed how it sounded, for bing a truck wedge box

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=11809

But the calculations part suck, if you never built a quarter wave box, then it would definitly be a tricky box build

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.