18" baskets to fit soundsstream xxx

woodzyspl

hmm i see, your in aus now arn't you? need a hoockup aruond here LOL

and smd you say..so..i could have a hybrid smd lol altho total diffren't coil right? their split or something..

EDIT: will these just bolt straight on?

It wouldn't really be an SMD hybrid unless you use some of AA's softparts, and there's no way an SMD coil will work, the former is as long as your forearm. These TI baskets are just a general style basket that numerous companies use. They cost considerably more that 6 spoke and 12 spoke baskets but they allow for bigger spiders and incredible amounts of excursion which is why they're typically used on most companies biggest woofers. There are numerous bolt pattern configs, some have universal bolt patterns with 4" or 3" coil openings. The only basket that bolts right up your SS motors (same motors as my TSNS motors) is the non-universal 4" opening basket with 6-bolt config. Its very hard to get baskets on these motors, trust me. Took me a long time before I found these guys, they are the only config TI baskets that will 'supposedly' bolt up to, but I'm not positive since my motors and newly purchased baskets are in the states. You can always modify the openings to work but it can be a pain in the ass. I'm not much of a hookup since I'm leaving January 11th, but you have my number if you need help with this.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

i think i still do, are you good with recones? i fudged my dc level 6 as my first attempt :( coil rub killed 1 half of the coil.. my mate is decent now he did his and it fine. but i think you may be better. ill pay :drink40:

now just gotta try find how contact t3 to buy a tsns basket if i can't find any, iv asked FI but no response yet, few people said they make baskets to fit?

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

i think i still do, are you good with recones? i fudged my dc level 6 as my first attempt :( coil rub killed 1 half of the coil.. my mate is decent now he did his and it fine. but i think you may be better. ill pay :drink40:

now just gotta try find how contact t3 to buy a tsns basket if i can't find any, iv asked FI but no response yet, few people said they make baskets to fit?

I've done a few, what did you use to shim it? Drop in recones are a piece of cake. If you need help, I can definitely help with recones.

And I contacted Ed a long time ago when i was looking for baskets, he said the TI baskets they have for the new TSNS motors won't fit the old ones without modifying the opening. And of course he wanted an arm and a leg to do that. I still suggest watching CACO, most companies don't want to sell just baskets because there's no money in it. However, some are willing to if you buy a recone through them. Honestly, if I were you I'd just contact Dave at PSI. Have him send you some regular 6 spoke baskets with drop in recones. Trust me, six spoke baskets take nothing away from a driver, I mean just look at my Ground Zero Plutonium. Btw, the Plutonium motor was equally as beast, maybe even more so than the TSNS motors. At one point I had a powerbass XA4000D and it laughed at 4k RMS and still had some incredible excursion without having a TI basket. And if you bought baskets and recones together from the same place it would save you a butt load of cash in shipping. Dave is one of the best and I bet he'd be willing to ship to Australia. Wouldn't hurt to ask for a quote.

DSCN1843.jpg

P1010581.jpg

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

what dc gave us, maybe i didn't let it dry enough (cold winter night and comp the next day)

yeh i asked him, but he said $200-300+ and he would have find some lol was hope find a cheaper way, i wouldn't mind t3 soft parts, but i dunno who to talk to now seeing ed is gone..

but yeh ill have hit you up with a text and start get me some recones, maybe 3 15s off 9k will be loud enough lol

and you gonna have teach me alot about these motors ect..

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

I can do recones at $180ea

Baskets at $100ea

As far as modding the basket, I'm not sure, I'd have to ask JD since he's the one that would be doing it.

Thats how much recones would be, since you have the exact motors as me. And that's if they have the right coils laying around since the new TSNS coils don't really fit the gap. That price is not including shipping and not including basket modification. And I sent this email when T3 was doing really well, and turning out woofers left and right. Who knows if they have the time or the resources anymore to do this for you.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

i see, fuck it i might just do 3 15's

altho i might have found a 4th, but it was the last model, the black basket, would it make much difference? as far as i can tell same motor ect just diffrent basket, asumeing best not too tho

burp setup for fun 152's

i see, fuck it i might just do 3 15's

altho i might have found a 4th, but it was the last model, the black basket, would it make much difference? as far as i can tell same motor ect just diffrent basket, asumeing best not too tho

You have three SS XXX motors right now? Or two XXX motors and a LVL 6? You would not be able to get similar T/S specs with the new and old SS XXX motors so I would pass on that.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

iv got 1, mate gonna give me 2 others lol 4th was at a shop used compete with it.. but i may not bother, thought maybe find old basket to fit..

and are the older style diff to the last style they used. when i meet you, your gonna have teach me ALOT lol i stayed up till 1am looking at diff motors and baskets ect..

the level 6 was a recone that i put in the xxx, got bad coil rub..

Edited by woodzyspl

burp setup for fun 152's