Second Skin Audio

tsw3002d4

i was metering my sub yesterday i got to 127db and it started cookin this is the second time in a month does it mean its fooked or am i just killin it too much lol its only had around 30hrs of play time which 20hrs where runnin in on quater volume. im givin it 1krms at the mo. any ideas???

the amp is a hifonics hfi 1500d the gains are at 3 quarters and the cross overs are set to the lowest settings i think its 20 hz or something like that bass boost off.

3/4 gain is almost always too high. both my amps are at like 1/2 and i only have 2v preouts on my headunit. and its important that you have the low pass (aka lpf) set too ~80hz and the subsonic has to be a few hz under your boxs tuning (like a 35hz box should have subsonic somewhere at 30 or so)

ok thx for that will readjust settings in the mornin a bit too dark now lol probably blow myself up messin in the dark.

you cant just turn the gain knob up and down though, it doesnt work like that. you need to tune the gains using special equipment, such as an oscilloscope, or the smd dd-1. either of those will tell you when your amp will start to output dirty power that can ruin speakers.

dont have nothin like that and dont no any1 around here that has that sort of equipment, any other way of doin it with out fookin it up?

the least suggested way on how to tune gains is by using a multimeter and a gain voltage chart. if you snoop around the electrical section or the amplifiers section, you should be able to find it.