Electrical Problems...

So my terminals had a crack in them so I replaced them and the car worked for abit... now it wont turn over and I think its the starter are there any tests I can do from home to check if it is indeed the starter? I mean my lights are dim but when I tryed to jump it and other things to charge the battery it would not work and the battery is new... I know its hard to tell over the net but if there is a test I can do that would make it easier!

It wont turn over.. Elaborate. Does it just make a 'clicking' sound when you turn the key? Or does it actaully crank but not start? Or do you get nothing at all? Turn your high-beams on and have a buddy try to start it. If the headlights dim right out, you have a bad connection somewhere..

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Check fuses also. I blew a fuse on my gfs car and it wouldn't start but the lights worked.

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch

The car makes no noise other then a scratching noise from the engine bay on the passengers side I think its the starter but I cant afford to buy the starter and that not be the problem because im broke... by lugs do you mean terminal? When I try to turn the lights on they dont come on and I know thats the battery but ... this was a problem before the battery died since its very new?

The car makes no noise other then a scratching noise from the engine bay on the passengers side I think its the starter but I cant afford to buy the starter and that not be the problem because im broke... by lugs do you mean terminal? When I try to turn the lights on they dont come on and I know thats the battery but ... this was a problem before the battery died since its very new?

the two clamps that go on the battery itself so the car can get power. theres one for + and one for -. can you wiggle them around? because they're supposed to be snug as fawk.

measure the battery voltage with a multimeter. 12.6v is resting voltage, which it should be right around there. 12.0 is too low.

Those are battery terminals they are tight :D but they were loose when I opened it up that may be the problem hmmmm ill try charging the battery or changing it... but that wouldnt account for the starter noise...