A lil home audio set up

Hey guys i have a Pioneer VSX-56TXI receiver as my power source.

I wanna make a little, good loud and clear system. I was thinking of building some little towers, just big enough to hold two 6.5 component each... or maybe ill just do 1 to start off.

Anyways i need help on whether i should port the towers or keep it sealed?

And would it be safe to use 4 ohm speakers on the receiver?

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

I have a pioneer receiver and I have been runnin it at 1 ohm for about 3 years now.not to sure on the model # rite now,I'm at work.but it has a sub out

Yeah this thing is pretty nice and big! I only asked cuz its 100 watts @ 8 ohms...

It has like 6 speaker outputs, center channel, front right, front left, rear right, rear left, and then a sub.

Right now i have an old polk center and a cheap no name speaker tower that has like a 6" speaker ported lol

It sounds ok but i want louder, crisper, and cleaner. I'm gonna add a sub too 8)

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Yea your receiver is a lot nicer than mine lol.you should be fine running at 4 ohm,it might run a little warm.but I would think that thing has a fan in it,if not one on top of it won't hurt anything.I'm about to build a t line for a lil cvr8 that i have sittin around,should sound good.

xbox 360 gamertag-greenrocks420

Not insulting you or anything, but did you just call us "bloody winging fairies" ?

Yea your receiver is a lot nicer than mine lol.you should be fine running at 4 ohm,it might run a little warm.but I would think that thing has a fan in it,if not one on top of it won't hurt anything.I'm about to build a t line for a lil cvr8 that i have sittin around,should sound good.

Lol thanks. I have it well ventilated, not blocked by anything so i should be alright then.

Nice i heard a lot of great things from t line. I think im gonna keep it simple with a sealed 10" lol

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Yea I've herd good things about them to.so I figured I would try it out.good luck with your setup,its always nice to have that deep bass when watching a movie

you too! Thats the best part :good:

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Archived