2007 Ford Five Hundred COMPLETE Makeover

So as many of you may know,

My personal vehicle is a 2007 Black Ford Five Hundred limited. I picked it up a year ago and it has treated me exceptionally well so far. It is not really a common car as they only made them for 2 years I think, but I have no complaints about it! Has enough power and plenty of room!

Anyways, back when I started SKAR Audio a little over a year ago we put together (4) VVX-12s in the trunk in a quick weekend build - far from an SPL build or capable of showing off the potential of the VVX line! Now that I finally have had some time to really think about a solid build for the vehicle, I have come to a decision of what all is going to be done :)!

For starters, we are going to be completely customizing the dash of the Five Hundred and removing the current Clarion DBL Din Receiver and putting in a iPad 2. This will probably be the most time consuming part of the rebuild, but I really want to do it after the guys did a iPad 2 in the Honda last week and it turned out amazing! This has be done several times already, but I think it will be the world first for a Ford Five Hundred :P. Pretty excited!

Secondly, we will be tearing out the current (4) VVX-12s and redoing the trunk setup. Instead of doing a rear facing setup, we are going to do a blow through ported into the rear deck. Right now I plan on doing (6) SKAR VVX-10's if we can squeeze out enough air space. These (6) 10's will be powered by (2) Sundown SAZ-2500s wired down to 1.33 Ohms, 3 Subs per amplifier. We are going with Sundown Amplifiers for anyone who is wondering because our amplifier line is still several months out, and we have several SKAR affiliated promotions before then that I would like to have this car at.

I currently run Kenwood Excelon components in the front stage (6.5" Splits) and Rockford Splits in the rear doors. Then in the rear deck are Image Dynamics 6X9's. These are all powered by a Sundown SAX-100.4D. While I plan on keeping this the way it is for the time being, some custom fiberglass doors could be in the foreseeable future with some 8's. Between all of the work to be done in the trunk and the iPad 2 install, there is definitely a fair share of work to be done! While this will be more of an SPL oriented build then before, I have no plans to change the stock alternator until all of the rebuild it complete.

Current Equipment

-(4) SKAR VVX-12s

-(1) SAZ-2500D

-(1) SAX-100.4D

-(2) SK-BT100 Batteries

-(1) Clarion DBL Din Head Unit

-(2) Runs of 1/0 Front to Back

-Stock Alt

Rebuild Equipment

-(6) SKAR VVX-10s

-(2) SAZ-2500D's

-(1) SAX-100.4D

-(2) SK-BT100 Batteries

-(1) iPad 2 as new Head Unit

-Sound Processing Units for iPad Install are pending decision at the moment

-Blowthrough enclosure ported into rear deck

Build will start over Thanksgiving time (Around Nov-20th) and I will begin posting pictures start to finish and a ton of video's during that time of the entire process!

Edited by skaraudio

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com
Phone : (888) 501-7527

skarav.jpg