Second Skin Audio

4th order or ported?

TOPNOTCHAUDIO

I currently have 4 rockford t212d2 subs that I will be building a box for in my new car. The car is an 06 Buick Lacrosse and I am debating weither to do a box in the trunk and fire the port through the armrest or ripping the back seat out and building a big ported box where the seat was. I am looking for some good low notes that will be loud as well. I have 2 t1000-4bdcp amps to power the subs for now and over time will buy 2 more or switch to t2500-1bdcp amps. I had 2 of these 12s in my Acura TL that I totaled about 2 weeks ago and with that car I took the back seat out and built the box into the trunk sealing the trunk from the cab and it sounded great but I will not be able to do that setup with this car so I am trying to find other options. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Well the airsapce needed for 4 12's is give or take 8 cubes including the port, a forth order your looking at like needing 10 ish, so what do you have room for? I am not sure about the trunk size of an 06 buick but in my 88 it was around 13 i think. If you measure the trunk and PM me we can get more in depth about it, if you like.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Archived