Texas Bass Production Show 11 11 2007 Pictures

Guest MegaloManiac

Guest MegaloManiac

I didn't see this earlier. It was a good show, but you are right, it was very small. This was TBP's final show for 2007, and so to compete it was "invite only" based on the criteria of having earned so many points throughout the year. The really sad thing to me is that there were a lot of people who made the points but didn't show. I was told that a lot of people chose not to compete because they knew who their competition was in their respective classes/divisions and chose not to show. A lot even dropped off mid-year because they just couldn't win. One guy who was winning backed out because he found out one of his competitors was stepping it up and he didn't want to lose.

So, that show consisted mostly of the people who dominated their classes throughout the year. Not everyone though.

Now I really have to step it up. When I return next year, I have to compete in Pro classes. :blink:

are you reffering to John Car(audiopipe van)?

he was upset because that guy brought someone elses vehicle(yellow car) from arkansas just to compete. whats the point of that? He was using someone elses points which is breaking the rules if not its very shady practice.

Posted Image

No, there are a couple of people refered to in there, but John wasn't one. If I saw correctly, John did compete, but he left early. I know he was having trouble with his system. It was barely pulling into the 156 range and he did a 161.xx pretty regularly all year.

On that subject of the extreme class competitors, I did inquire about this whole thing a couple of weeks after my first record was destroyed. I had the Amatuer 401-800 record and then I missed one show and it was gone as well as the amateur 0-400 class record. I just thought, ok, I need to step it up. Then, when I am buying my new amps, the guy that is selling me his amps asked what my plans were, and I explained to him that I was setting out to get my record back. He asked who took it and I told him the name that was listed for the record. He knew the name. He told me about how that person was a 6x USAC world record holder, and that he held records in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas as well. It was then that I asked how a person of these qualifications could run as an amatuer and I was told simply that TBP doesn't bring in any "baggage" from other competition entities. Since he was new to TBP and the setups that he brought were within the qualifications for those classes, he ran in them.

I know that he earned at least 20 points that day, and he won a few events in Longview. I can't vouch for all of his points but those are some that I know of.

Now, bringing in someone elses car...I really don't know how to feel about that.

1/2 way feel like - that is shady and a sorry way to slip a sleeper in since no one knew it was coming cause you don't own it

1/2 way feel like - hey, run what you brung, if you someone gets into your class like that then cool. Whatever setup you have should be good enough to at least give a good competition.

So it does seem a little funny, but I don't really know many of the circumstances firsthand.

I don't know Joey, so I can't say much either way about him.

I do know Johncarr a little bit, and everything that I know of him says he's a cool dude. I really wish Johncarr's system wasn't messing up. I really think that he could have gone all out and beat him or at least ran close too it.

The biggest point of my last post was that I don't understand why people would just choose not to show. Of course, watching the Cowboys game might have been some motivation.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Guest MegaloManiac

I strongly feel part of competing is doing your own work and not using someone else's entire car that you didnt work on. and borrowing points is nuts.

the class system is fine, i understand that, other leagues cant interfere with what class you are in. That was cleared up last year :) with the SQ fiasco with the gti.

I strongly feel part of competing is doing your own work and not using someone else's entire car that you didnt work on. and borrowing points is nuts.

the class system is fine, i understand that, other leagues cant interfere with what class you are in. That was cleared up last year :) with the SQ fiasco with the gti.

Yeah, that is a good point. I feel the same way about a different issue and I really didn't apply it to this. I am now though. I really feel like people who spend unbelievable amounts of money to have systems built for them by shops and then show up to compete should have to compete in a seperate class or something. I don't think it is right for the people who don't have excessive $, but instead scrape every dime together that they can to buy some good stuff and then they pour in countless hours and gallons of blood and tears on the install it, tune it and compete.

The work that goes on is definitely a big factor, and bringing someone elses isn't right.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Meglo, are there ever any hot chicks @ any of the shows you go to? <_< i think i saw a hooters girl in the back ground! <_<

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

I like that gmc single cab truck! What did it have?

That truck had 4 DD 15's in it on some MTX amps. He pulled a 153.00db score. It was pretty impressive. Someone posted this link up on the TBP forums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPlE-8-R2kA

As far as the girls, well, yes and no. As it happens, one guy ran into a pole on his way out while he started at one of the girls. He did more damage to his truck than I thought would be possible without really high speed prior to impact.

:D

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Guest MegaloManiac

Meglo, are there ever any hot chicks @ any of the shows you go to? <_< i think i saw a hooters girl in the back ground! <_<

I rarely go to these shows. This was the first show in months i have been to. That hooters girl came up to me and Nick trying to sell us an $11 calender. I had my camera in hand and we asked if she put on a "show" if we buy one. She gave us a terrible answer that i dont even remember what she said. then i said we got no moniez so no dice hoe. she aint getting our $11 for a shitty calender and no show.

:o

On the other hand Cowboys won that day !!

That girl asked if she could get her pictures done on/in the charger. She really didn't like it when my wife told her that she could as long as she did not touch it.

My wife did not mean anything, we don't want anyone leaning on it/touching it. I wouldn't let anyone lean on my cheap POS 1988 Hyundai Excel when I had it. Of course that was different. I don't want anyone messing up the chargers finish. If you leaned on the Excel it would probably have fallen over and died.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

• 4 months later...

Archived