1995 Chevy Truck Build! THE HULK. Updates!!

Alright here are the last few pictures of today!

Here is what I did with the Sub wiring. There was no way in hell I was going to get 2 runs of 12 gauge wire in the hole on the terminals. Now I'm not one to shove things in places where they don't belong... :pardon: So my dad had a good idea! The subs will be wired to 2 ohms right now so all of you know how that needs to be wired! So I soldered a wire to the terminals right in the middle!

108_0263.jpg

If that makes sense!!

Here is the end leads! Now by this time I was getting really tired ! Pardon my soldering! (;

108_0264.jpg

I had my grandma and grandpa get me some pipe while they were at home depot and boy does this work way better!! Here is the pictures!!

This is the good end! We nailed this end, it looks great, sits perfectly level and I couldn't be happier, this will be the outside piece! Gonna prime it and paint it black!

108_0268.jpg

Here's another shot!

108_0265.jpg

Now here is the other end of that, the first one me and my dad did! It looks like shit. We pressed to hard and rushed it! So as you can see by the second try we owned it!

108_0267.jpg

Egg shaped to!

108_0266.jpg

The pipe comes with a bell shaped end that you can connect into! So we are cutting that good part above off and like 18" and then the rest will be connected to the bell shaped connector! So it will connect all nice and clean.

First one is best! So tomorrow what I am going to do is cut off the bolts so the subs will fit in without bumping them. Then I am going to flare the other end piece of the pipe. I also need to glass in a bracket to hold the other end of the pipe. If everything does as planned it should be playing tomorrow! Now I am getting smarter at car audio but I have no clue how to tune an amp! To get these playing I gotta tune the amp! I can't afford a DD-1 right now! Thanks guys! :drinks:

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Alright guys! Here goes!

First I did was cut off the bolts so they weren't bumping the subs! I bought my weather stripping in a 3 pack and it came with some bonus wall outlet sealers! I didn't have a use for them but I found one! Since the holes I drilled were to big I used it to seal them up!!

108_0272-Copy.jpg

Then we flared the other end of the port.

108_0273-Copy.jpg

Cut the hole for the port! The weather stripping didn't fit very well and was ugly so I took it off and used caulking!

108_0274-Copy.jpg

Got the port caulked in and used some plumbers tape to hold it in place.

108_0275-Copy.jpg

Painted and siliconed! Looks real nice!

108_0276-Copy.jpg

Wired the subs to the terminals!

108_0278-Copy-Copy.jpg

Subs locked and loaded! Ready to kick ass!

108_0277-Copy-Copy.jpg

About ready to go in the truck!

108_0279-Copy-Copy.jpg

108_0280-Copy-Copy.jpg

And at last with some help of my dad they are in the truck!

108_0281-Copy-Copy.jpg

Ready for some bass?! Subs wired to amp!

108_0282-Copy-Copy.jpg

So one more time are you ready for some bass? Yeah? So was I :cray: One of the channels on my amp doesn't work I found out.. Only one sub started playing. Checked the sub not playing in the other channel and it works. So one of my channels is bad! I could wire it to 4 ohms but that would only be showing the subs 85 watts and I don't want to un-solder all my shit I worked on yesterday! So Once again, my luck sucks! :fool:

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Port looks great, nice work on the box.

thanks! I just wish the amp worked

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

nice box is it fiberglass inside the box ???

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP