Second Skin Audio

Fun Build

I was seeing if anyone wants to show me their type of design for a 4CuFt tuned to 30 hertz L ported subwoofer box, the width has to be less than 4 foot also the height and length can be less than or equal to 2 foot. Fitting 2 12" subwoofers, not really looking for sq.

Why not design your own to spec and use torres box calculator here on the forum?

I can give you a couple reasons why:

1. Major noob for box building, I can give you the way it should be made just not the dimensions for cutting the mdf.

2. I didn't know there was a box calculator here on the forum.

3. Like to see other peoples opinions and designs.

4. Learn new things from it.

5. At last, some people have fun building them so why not?

What subs? And from your first post, you're saying your max dimensions are 48W x 24H x 24D? Do you plan on getting some type of SUV or truck because that is a pretty big box. About 16 cubes actually. What type of subs/port configuration are you looking for? Sub/port up, subs forward port up, etc.

Skar vvx 12"...

Well its an ext. cab truck so my height and depth i measured can be that but the width i dont really want it that but nor shall it be (more around 36 i think)wow i didnt even think about that, ha all i need is 4 cubes plus the sub displacement. Just something easy so subs/port/s frontwards. Also i liked the double baffle idea but if that cant work dont worry about it.

Would it help if i added what type of system im looking for?

Edited by caveman

Why not design your own to spec and use torres box calculator here on the forum?

I can give you a couple reasons why:

1. Major noob for box building, I can give you the way it should be made just not the dimensions for cutting the mdf.

2. I didn't know there was a box calculator here on the forum.

3. Like to see other peoples opinions and designs.

4. Learn new things from it.

5. At last, some people have fun building them so why not?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/38791-torres-box-tuning-calculator/

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

Skar vvx 12"...

Well its an ext. cab truck so my height and depth i measured can be that but the width i dont really want it that but nor shall it be (more around 36 i think)wow i didnt even think about that, ha all i need is 4 cubes plus the sub displacement. Just something easy so subs/port/s frontwards. Also i liked the double baffle idea but if that cant work dont worry about it.

Would it help if i added what type of system im looking for?

The more info you give out the better. From the SKAR website, you'd be looking for about 3.5 cubes after displacement, which is 0.18 cubes per woofer for 0.36 total