Second Skin Audio

I need help designing a box !

Kicker website says between 1.75-2.25 cubes, so probably around 2^ft at about 35hz should work for you, download torres calculator and play around with it till you find something around there that you can fit, or post your max dimensions and I'm sure you'll get a few responses.

So I want a final box of 4^ft? I have two, and are there like tutorials on how to use the calculator or something ?

Yeah my bad, I did it for one, so your right since you have 2. What type of vehicle is it going in. If you have the dimensions you can fit in your vehicle post them and I'll try doing something for you really quick.

It's can't be taller than 17, no wider than 34, no deeper than 19.

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

Kicker website says between 1.75-2.25 cubes, so probably around 2^ft at about 35hz should work for you, download torres calculator and play around with it till you find something around there that you can fit, or post your max dimensions and I'm sure you'll get a few responses.

So I want a final box of 4^ft? I have two, and are there like tutorials on how to use the calculator or something ?

Yeah my bad, I did it for one, so your right since you have 2. What type of vehicle is it going in. If you have the dimensions you can fit in your vehicle post them and I'll try doing something for you really quick.

It's can't be taller than 17, no wider than 34, no deeper than 19.

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

Update; I got the Torres calculator, and I found out what would gimmie 4^ft. 16 by 34 by 16.5. The only thing I don't understand now is the port length and width and such.

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

Update; I got the Torres calculator, and I found out what would gimmie 4^ft. 16 by 34 by 16.5. The only thing I don't understand now is the port length and width and such.

i assume the height is 16". so do 14.5" for the port height, put 3 in for # of common port walls, and then play with the port width and length till you get the desired tuning you want. just MAKE SURE. ill repeat, since honestly 99% of people that use this program forget this part, to make sure you have between 12 and 16 square inches of port per cubic foot. it tells you on the lower right of the calc, "port area" and "port area range".

i assume the height is 16". so do 14.5" for the port height, put 3 in for # of common port walls, and then play with the port width and length till you get the desired tuning you want. just MAKE SURE. ill repeat, since honestly 99% of people that use this program forget this part, to make sure you have between 12 and 16 square inches of port per cubic foot. it tells you on the lower right of the calc, "port area" and "port area range".

I'll be honest, I'm a little confused. Is it measuring it in inches or feet ?

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

everything is in inches and cubic feet.

everything is in inches and cubic feet.

Okay. So port width is 14.5, width is 1.5. and length is 7.55 and that gives me a port tune of 35 hz. Is that right ?

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

Okay. So port width is 14.5, width is 1.5. and length is 7.55 and that gives me a port tune of 35 hz. Is that right ?

well like i said before, you need to look at port area and port area range. obviously, you want the port area number to be somewhere in between the two port area range figures given.

well like i said before, you need to look at port area and port area range. obviously, you want the port area number to be somewhere in between the two port area range figures given.

Okay, so I just got the proper figures for a 35.6 hz tuning, and got the port area in the range I need. It's H14.5 by W3.2 by L23. Now what ?

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

Okay, so I just got the proper figures for a 35.6 hz tuning, and got the port area in the range I need. It's H14.5 by W3.2 by L23. Now what ?

you sure you're going to be able to cut wood precisely to the tenth? just stick with half inch intervals. it will make your life so much easier.