Jump to content

Mounting 6x9 -> use plastic ring included in it?


dwz

  

4 members have voted

  1. 1. Which way to mount 6x9?

    • Mount 6x9 with plastic ring to deadened rear deck?
      3
    • Mount 6x9 directly to deadened rear deck?
      1


Recommended Posts

Posted

plasticrings.jpg

Hey guys!

I have an Alpine SPS-609 that has been sitting around in the basement that I want to add because I have to get my SPS-600c (6.5 component set) replaced under warranty. I've been running just one component set with 75~ watts RMS @ 2ohms. I blew a speaker playing ASAP Rocky, but the speaker was goin bad anyways -> I knowingly pushed the limits because I wanted a reason to use my service plans ^_^.

I'm using an Alpine F-300 4-channel pushing that 75 watts @ 2ohms to one set of speakers... I KNOW that running my 6x9 and a component set at 4ohms each instead will sound louder cause of more cone area and it'll be less likely to blow speakers...

Anyways, I'm adding the 6x9 set first before replacing the component set. I have my rear deck covered in dynamat (and much of the car as well). I was wondering if it's better to mount the 6x9 set directly on the dynamat-coated rear deck, OR use these little plastic spacers included with the set. I know these are usually for the alpine grills to sit on - I'm not gonna use them, they're uglier without which is better for anti-theft..

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1081 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...