So last night I went to my cousins house and he tells me to come on in. As I walked through the living room into the kitchen where everyone was I passed their golden retriever. That's sort of the breed I'm looking for (my wife wants a dog), and this was a really nice looking one. Friendly looking, appeared very healthy, and on the very large side of the breed.

I dont touch peoples dogs/cats, so I just walked by it, it didn't bark, growl, or anything. Then as I passed by and was almost out of the living room I felt something pinching the hell out of my knee, and look back to see this dog walking away. It bit the holy SHI+ out of my leg. I didn't think it broke skin at first through my jeans, but later on I counted atleast 5 places, with a nasty bruise to boot. They say it's clean and has all its shots, but it still hurt like a b!+ch. Afterward it didn't bark, growl, or anything, they just put it outside and said it had never done that before.

I had to take the picture with the flash off because of how white my legs really are (I normally wear jeans). You can see the large bruise right where it got its whole mouth on my leg, but if you look on the knee there's a large spot where just it's canine tooth sank in (I initially thought that was the only part where skin was broken).

dog-bite1.jpg

It really wasn't that bad, it just scared the crap out of me, and I've never been biten like that before. Fun stuff.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

wow that looks like it hurts...

hopefully that one experience doesnt ruin the chances of you getting a dog

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

HU: AVIC-D2

Fronts: ARC Audio KAR KS6006 Components

AA Poly Mids/ CDT CW-19 Tweets in kicks

Front Amp: Profile AP400x2

Rear Fill: None

Sub: DC LVL 4 (CF Dustcap) x2 (waiting for dustcaps)

AMP: RF t10001bd x2 (1400-1500 @ 1 ohm)

Wire: Welding Supply/Lighting Audio 1/0 Power/Ground

Zero Noise 2.0zn RCA (x2)

260 Amp Iraggi Alternator

wow that looks like it hurts...

hopefully that one experience doesnt ruin the chances of you getting a dog

Nah. I've sort of had a thing about dogs since I was little, I don't like other peoples dogs. But I still want a nice retriever or lab. I like mid/large dogs that you can leave in a fenced in yard instead of a lap dog. I had a chow/lab mix puppy but I had to give it away because of stuff going on at the time :(

But no, I want a dog still. :lol:

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

that sux bro...

I was bit by a rot once when i got in a fight with this guy. He let his dog go, and she attacked my leg pulling me down. then she went for my throat going for the kill but i luckily put my arm up and she took a nice chunk out of my arm...

Scared for life..doctors were able to fix my arm with graphs with little scarring but my leg has a scar the size of a quarter...

thats it

Lets Go Ski

the dog nipped you, telling you (you don't walk into my house without saying hello to me first azz,take this next time u will remember to say hi to me first).

its a common thing with dogs that wants attention they want to be acknowledged as being there. I have pits and rotties that nudge and nip me if I don't rub or say anything to them. It can be a bad thing at times as in your case.

Floyd, I'd have sued the bejeezus out of the guy for sicking his dog on you like that, I've heard of people dying like that- I'm glad you came out on top of it though. That's good reaction right there. I remember being taught how to kill a dog that was attacking you, and I'd like to think I'd be able to defend myself like that, but it's always harder to remember/think on your toes like that.

Hammerdown, I've been nipped before and this would be the hardest I've ever been nipped lol. That's why I'm going with bitten ;). That could very well be the reason for it, but it didn't come up to me asking for attention, or make any noise, just a bite and they walking away. I don't know, I do taste pretty good.... hmm..

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3