Second Alternator instead of HO alternator

I am about to buy my car and i plan on running 2500 rms from the electrical, i Understand this is not huge but will require to some extent electrical upgrade. I was thinking to add a high output alternator dedicated for the system, I can engineer a plate to hold the second alternator, that is no problem but is there any problems with just adding a large battery in the rear or 2 and having the second alternator just to supply power to these batteries for the sub amp and 4 ch amp??

I Am Never Wrong, Just Often Mistaken......

depends on the output of the alternator.. if you are adding another stock one, i would say have both of your alternators powering it, with a a couple big batteries. i was able to get away 13v even with 2 G31 deka intimidators on 2500w, but i have a 200amp alternator as well. if you are going to have an alternator dedicated to just the system, i would suggest maybe 1 or 2 xs power d3100. but why not just get a H/O ?

edit: also, will you be able to acquire a belt large enough for your vehicle, and are you going to be able to place a tension pulley ? i think thats what its called.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Archived