Sub and Enclosure:

This enclosure is most definitely not were i want to be.

Its a good box but it looks terrible. I'm more into

having everything look as if it was supposed to be there.

Its made with 3/4" MDF, liquid nails, double baffle,

about 3 cubed, port is about 3 1/2" wide, 15" tall, dunno depth

Heres the internals and cuts:

WP_000425.jpg

WP_000459.jpg

Here it is in the trunk:

WP_000507.jpg

WP_000506.jpg

WP_000505.jpg

Want some advice on your door panels? On the back side, there are little plastic rivets that hold the factory speaker grill you cut into. If you take a flat head screw driver and get the end real hot, you can melt the plastic enough to undo the rivets. Once you have the grills off, just wrap in some vinyl or anything thin fabric that matches your car and put them back on using the same hot screwdriver technique to re-flatten the rivets. Its cheap, easy, and will make it look more professional and less like you didn't just cut a hole in the grill.

WP_000468.jpg

WP_000476.jpg

WP_000469.jpg

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Tinsels are wimpy and break right at the former, and if you get them moving too much (say too far below tuning) the bracing will break away from the cone or the former. Soundstream brags about they're new and improved excursion capabilities, but once they start getting some throw to them that's when they give up. I was going to swap out a T-4 for one of these a while back. I have such terrible luck that I'm now OCD when it comes to buying anything, I research and research like crazy, especially for electronics. And after seeing a lot of people having the same failures I stuck with my T4. Its handled hell and back for me so far. I have no first hand experience though so, if she works she works. You put some LEDs behind her yet?

I don't really like to use my electronics maxed anyways so when I'm cruising around I'll turn it up LOUD for only maybe 30sec - 1min to show it off.

I'm more into SQ than SPL. Don't get me wrong SPL feels and sounds badass but I just don't like driving around in pain. I did have a 12" T5 before this

T6 and the T5 seemed a hell of a lot more beefy than the T6, but the T6 responds a lot faster and has some seriously incredible cooling.

I haven'y put any lights in it yet and probably won't until I make an enclosure to were you can actually see the cone. I don't blame you for being crazy

about what you buy this hobby or lifestyle is freaking expensive.

Want some advice on your door panels? On the back side, there are little plastic rivets that hold the factory speaker grill you cut into. If you take a flat head screw driver and get the end real hot, you can melt the plastic enough to undo the rivets. Once you have the grills off, just wrap in some vinyl or anything thin fabric that matches your car and put them back on using the same hot screwdriver technique to re-flatten the rivets. Its cheap, easy, and will make it look more professional and less like you didn't just cut a hole in the grill.

WP_000468.jpg

WP_000476.jpg

WP_000469.jpg

Yea that's for sure what I had planned. When I was first trying to get to the stock door speakers,

I didn't want to take the door panel off so i was prying on the speaker cover and broke those

melted plastic rivets, so when I went to put it back in place I used epoxy. I want to go to a scrap

yard and buy a couple door panels and practice fiber-glassing before I do it for real on these

door panels. Doesn't seem to hard but I want to be sure I have a little experience.

i say you get some dampener. haha... and then the SMD 15" that thing will do some work. Nice car and build. I love the newer Volvos.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

did you say that you only used double sided tape to hold that pod on the dash...?

It's some industrial strength velcro strips. They look really bad because the pod is sitting up way high. Makes about a 1/4in gap between the pod and dash. I'll end up switching to some good thin double sided tape though. Were you suggesting something?

nice work man! Impressive for a first build! I had the same power bass amp, I was honestly impressed with it.

Yea its doing some serious work too. Powering 4 tweets and 4 6.5s. I seriously love how clean the powerbass ASA series amps look. Extremely clean if I had it encased. I'm planning on replacing it with a Soundstream tx4.560 though.