Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm making a ported Box for my Elevation Comp 12" and I was wondering if i was using this right. I've never made a Ported box so i wanted check if i was right.

This is one with a port tube if i did it right.

Elevation.jpg

This is the one with a slot port.

ElevationSlotport.jpg

Posted (edited)

Slot port is okay, but you need to put 3 for "# common port walls" Why you tuning so high? Aero (round port) box needs a larger diameter port. You want to stay within that "Port Area Range" that it provides.

Edited by loudNlow87

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Posted

also dont forget to add in woofer displacement and bracing displacement..easy mistakes to make..just play around with until you get what you want..best advice i can give ya

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Posted (edited)

Loudnlow - I wasn't sure what I should Tune the Box to. and "# of common port walls" What does that do for the calculator? This is my first time using it.

aqsubowner - I'm not sure of either of those for my Sub. where can i find them?

Edited by TygaTony
Posted

Loudnlow - I wasn't sure what I should Tune the Box to. and "# of common port walls" What does that do for the calculator? This is my first time using it.

aqsubowner - I'm not sure of either of those for my Sub. where can i find them?

The very first post in the "Torres Calculator" sticky has all the info you need. Shows photos of what 1,2 and 3 common port wall's look like.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Posted

Loudnlow - I wasn't sure what I should Tune the Box to. and "# of common port walls" What does that do for the calculator? This is my first time using it.

aqsubowner - I'm not sure of either of those for my Sub. where can i find them?

The very first post in the "Torres Calculator" sticky has all the info you need. Shows photos of what 1,2 and 3 common port wall's look like.

Oh, I see. I didn't understand the difference for them at first. but now i do.

Posted

I'm getting ready to build the box and would Putting the port to fire from the rear of the box be louder? front or from the top?

I'm looking for what would be better since It's going to be in a Trunk.

Posted

I'm getting ready to build the box and would Putting the port to fire from the rear of the box be louder? front or from the top?

I'm looking for what would be better since It's going to be in a Trunk.

Posted

Normally sub back and port back is loudest I believe

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Posted

When you say Sub Back and port back, you mean Port and Sub facing the Trunk?

And PS. Where could i buy speaker Terminals? I'm not sure where in my town i can.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1542 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...