monkeyleg Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 Was wondering if mids can be wired up like subs...and still work. I was playing around some wiring options and got the volt meter to say what I wanted. The speakers are Polk MM6501 and they are 2.4 ohm. Will this sound good full range? Google it
Guest Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 thats more than likely gonna have some phasing issues. you're mixing up + and - and the first and third speaker
armykyle1 Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 thats more than likely gonna have some phasing issues. you're mixing up + and - and the first and third speaker I agree with him TEAM XS POWERTEAM HEAVY HERTZMy build- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194454-e46-bmw-build-pos/#entry2914134youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/armykyle1big build starting
monkeyleg Posted November 26, 2011 Author Report Posted November 26, 2011 I was thinking about that too...but I've heard of people doing this. Like Trippi's hummer when he was running a huge amount of 6 1/2" there is no way he was just running one speaker per channel... I tried wiring positive to positive and negative to negative but that halves the resistance. Google it
Stephen_og Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 I was thinking about that too...but I've heard of people doing this. Like Trippi's hummer when he was running a huge amount of 6 1/2" there is no way he was just running one speaker per channel... I tried wiring positive to positive and negative to but that halves the resistance. Well he had multiple speaker amps and he was probably running his 6.5s in parallel and getting the ohm load to 2 ohms. But like the other guys said it isn't smart and you will have phasing issues but it's your call to try it out. Team NWSPLUPCOMING BUILD (when I afford it) 2013 Ford Focus Hatch 2x DC lv3 15s 2x b2 quotas XS batts DC power alt That amp would fuck the shit out of those subs. It would roofie them, knock them out with chloroform, then make sweet, gentle, anal love to them all night.
monkeyleg Posted November 26, 2011 Author Report Posted November 26, 2011 Damn. OK so the speakers are 2.4 and my amp goes down to 2 ohm. So I can only go up? Is it double every time you add a speaker? Google it
Stephen_og Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 The speaker itself is a 2.4 ohm speaker? Team NWSPLUPCOMING BUILD (when I afford it) 2013 Ford Focus Hatch 2x DC lv3 15s 2x b2 quotas XS batts DC power alt That amp would fuck the shit out of those subs. It would roofie them, knock them out with chloroform, then make sweet, gentle, anal love to them all night.
monkeyleg Posted November 26, 2011 Author Report Posted November 26, 2011 The speaker itself is a 2.4 ohm speaker? Yes sir Google it
Stephen_og Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 That's weird lol never seen that haha well I have never seen that, I thought you were wiring it to ohm load.. Soo yeah idk what would happen Team NWSPLUPCOMING BUILD (when I afford it) 2013 Ford Focus Hatch 2x DC lv3 15s 2x b2 quotas XS batts DC power alt That amp would fuck the shit out of those subs. It would roofie them, knock them out with chloroform, then make sweet, gentle, anal love to them all night.
monkeyleg Posted November 26, 2011 Author Report Posted November 26, 2011 Well that blows...so I have to buy four 4-channel amps now? I have 7 sets of these bastards Google it
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.