Jump to content

Help with PA speakers as Interiors


hdswagg

Recommended Posts

Posted

hey whats good forums..

Im currently building my system and i was really a bass head until i heard one of my friends interiors and it blew me away lol. Well i got my self a budget build so please bare with me. I recently upgraded my Big 3 with 0 gauge wires and such. I have a crunch P1 2000.1 Mono block amp which is pushing 2 pioneer championship series TSW2502d4 wired down to 1 ohm and a Crunch PZA700.2 which is pushing some PA speakers and some midranges and this is where the problem arises. I have two 8" MD Sound MD-MR8B midranges (about 100 watts RMS) and two 2 in 1 piezo tweeters. which means there is 4 tweeters in all. I also have 2 Gemini GT1002 Series 10 inch PA speakers. which are 70 watt RMS each. I looked at the wiring specs for everything and the 2 geminis are 8 ohm single coil and the 2 MD midranges are 8 ohm single coils also. so all in all its wired down to 2 ohms including the piezos. I tested it and it was around 1.9 to 2.0 ohms flat. So it ran good. But the problem is the Interiors sound really muddy at high volumes. I was thinking maybe my gain is too high or i need a Equalizer. Because i have a JVC KD-200 deck and it really doesn't offer much.. I have the HPF turned on, on my amp and everything but it still sounds muddy at high volumes and i heard the same MD speakers doing damagee so maybe its the tuning? I would really appreciate your guys input!! thanks againn

  • 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 914 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...