I am thinking about getting these HIDs for my 2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 1.8l 4 banger.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

What do you guys think?

35w/9007/HB5/Hi/Lo Beam 6000k.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

what are you asking. opinions on the company? or opinions on whether or not you should switch to HID for the better light output?

company is fantastic. ive placed multiple orders through them and even had a relay replaced by them for a friends car that was malfunctioning.

Umm yeah i didnt really ask a good question.. lol..

I mostly wanted to know what to look for. I know nothing about HIDs i want to get something that will fit in my stock housing and I dont know what HID harness, error eliminator, or adaptor cables are and if I need them?

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Umm yeah i didnt really ask a good question.. lol..

I mostly wanted to know what to look for. I know nothing about HIDs i want to get something that will fit in my stock housing and I dont know what HID harness, error eliminator, or adaptor cables are and if I need them?

colors vary. 3200k is yellow, 4300k is pure white, and anything upwards starting around 6000k gets bluer and bluer. lol. the HID harness comes with the bulbs and ballasts. error eliminator isnt really necessary i dont think, depends on what car you have. and adaptor cables, dont know either. just get the HID kit, and a relay harness and you're good to go.

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

I would spring the extra cash for the 55W ballasts and also as said above^ get the relay kit.

EDIT: also, at 4300K you get the highest light output and as you increase from their it goes down. IIRC at 8000K it cuts down to 2200 lumens vs. 3300 lumens at 4300K. after 8000K, the decrease in light output fell almost exponentially.

Edited by Lbox88

DDM is a good company, I have 2 Sets of 55watt 8000k hids. They say that 55watt sets wash out the blue of the hid, so i wanted a 6k look so i got 8k and i have preety good output. Hope this makes sense

-Alpine CDA-102

-Rockford Fosgate T1652

-Rockford Fosgate P1652

-Audioque 2200

-Fi Btl N2 12

-KCA Karma 0 Gauge Power

-KCA Karma 0 Gauge Ground-Sound deadened trunk and doors