Changin from AT&T to pay as you go

I am sick of not having service and am willing to pay to kill my contract but I love my phone and want to keep it but use a no contract carrier. I have heard of this but now that I am interested my googles are not producing!

Anyone know how to do this sort of thing? Thanks!

When I was stationed in Italy all you had to do was swap sim cards. Is it that easy to do here in the states?

You can unlock the phone and then swap the sim but the only carrier/s that use a sim card here is t-mobile and I dont think you will get much better service out of them. What kind of phone is it?

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

how do you unlock them? It's an HTC Inspire. Thanks for the reply by the way

Hmm...let me see. Sometimes you have to pay but sometimes you can call ATT directly and tell them you would like to unlock your phone and most of the time they dont have a problem doing it for you, they give you a code you enter it and done. A few times though att has told me my phone could not be unlocked for (insert bullshit reason here) so I've bought the codes online. I only use blackberrys so I would try this site if I were you.

http://www.htcimeiunlock.com/htc-inspire-4g-unlock

You shouldn't have a problem, might take a little while but they will send you the unlock code if they dont give you one instantly.

and no problem!

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

I just looked up "unlocking" and I can't believe how easy it is! Thanks again my man! Things like this should be pinned here since they are perfectly legal and don't void the phone warrenty, looks like it works for iPhone too!

Now to pay att off.lol, fuck 'em

Edited by Airborne

I just looked up "unlocking" and I can't believe how easy it is! Thanks again my man! Things like this should be pinned here since they are perfectly legal and don't void the phone warrenty, looks like it works for iPhone too!

Now to pay att off.lol, fuck 'em

Be careful with that warranty shit though, sometimes carriers (in size 2 font on there fuckin contracts) state that unlocking the phone will break the warranty although its not really that common so you will be fine.

Your welcome bro, good luck!

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

Yep, nothing changes. OH I forgot to tell you, you will lose your 4G...you might even lose 3G as ATT operates on different wireless bands as other carriers so data speeds willl change but not significantly

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB