Second Skin Audio

Sub up port forward or sub forward port forward?

I built the box I have my kickers in right now like total shit because I was in a hurry. Its subs up port side and now that Ive gotten over having bass again sounds like shit.

Ive got RamDesigns designing me a box for the XL 15s im getting soon, but I think i need to do something with my kickers in the mean time. Right now my box is 22T 22W 34L subs up port to the passanger side behind the drivers seat. Which box would be better to build. a little mini 1/3 wall subs and port forward or leave the layout it is and do subs up port forward?

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

its a 2011 dodge ram crew cab. The subs for now are 2 12" L7s on a DX1000.1 whos birth sheet says 1180 A 14.4V. The subs are dual 4ohm wired to 1ohm.

Ive been having a hell of a time with these because 1) theyre kickers 2) their stupid L7s but I got both and amp for less than $300 BNIB 3) Im dealing with a shitty enclosure location for the next 6-12 months until my fiance gets an SUV and has space to cart around both our little siblings to and from school and doesnt have to use the truck to do it. Then im going to wall with DCs but thats a different convo

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

its a 2011 dodge ram crew cab. The subs for now are 2 12" L7s on a DX1000.1 whos birth sheet says 1180 A 14.4V. The subs are dual 4ohm wired to 1ohm.

Ive been having a hell of a time with these because 1) theyre kickers 2) their stupid L7s but I got both and amp for less than $300 BNIB 3) Im dealing with a shitty enclosure location for the next 6-12 months until my fiance gets an SUV and has space to cart around both our little siblings to and from school and doesnt have to use the truck to do it. Then im going to wall with DCs but thats a different convo

What's the size of the port?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

The current box is ~6 cubes after displacement tuned 35hz w/ roughly 100" of port i believe. Its in the 90-100 range i know that

That's way too much box for those 12's isn't it? Do Kickers like that much air? 2.5 per sub? Why don't they like the typical 1.5 to 1.75 like most woofers? Why not try a smaller box?

correction 2 cubic feet bro maximum

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1

(SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON

DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON

Idk why i did the 6cubes, Im pretty sure thats kickers recommended ported volume (3cubes per).

I just looked up the manual and it seems that 3.25 per is recommended for DEEP bass. I can't inamgine throwing that much air to them. I don't know what to tell you as far as box goes.

5a40fr.png

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC