Start of building my own computer

going to be getting a nice check in the mail sometime soon I do believe, so I will be completeting this build. not sure if I want to get another mobo so I can run two vid cards in sli or just keep what I got and go from there with out sli....the monitor will be around 30 inch or bigger...gonna browse newegg.com and check out their selection. When all is said and done I will post pics and a little vid.....

Honestly, don't bother with SLI on a build like this. If you need that level of performance, Nvidia's new GTX 680 is the fastest single card on the planet and it's better performance that 2 580's in some games. Of course it's $500 but it'll handle anything you can throw at it. Multi-card setups aren't really worth it on single screens for the most part, especially with the latest cards on the market.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

What about this processor?

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819106012

That would work too.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

• 2 weeks later...

The build is no more, I ended up just buying a new pc. It's a HP Pavilion P7-1254. I only got the tower since my tv had a VGA port on it. So far I am happy with this P.C. I have downloaded a few games I had on Steam onto it and it plays them with no problems. All that I have played have the graphics set either high or very high and still no problems. Only thing I have done to this was take out the old memory that it came with and replaced it with the G. Skill ones I had. Wasn't something I had to do, since both memorys were 8 gb. I want to add a TV tuner to this thing but I can't seem to find anything good. Last couple I tried just wouldn't work. Didn't matter if I used the software it came with or if I used Windows Media Player.

The build is no more, I ended up just buying a new pc. It's a HP Pavilion P7-1254. I only got the tower since my tv had a VGA port on it. So far I am happy with this P.C. I have downloaded a few games I had on Steam onto it and it plays them with no problems. All that I have played have the graphics set either high or very high and still no problems. Only thing I have done to this was take out the old memory that it came with and replaced it with the G. Skill ones I had. Wasn't something I had to do, since both memorys were 8 gb. I want to add a TV tuner to this thing but I can't seem to find anything good. Last couple I tried just wouldn't work. Didn't matter if I used the software it came with or if I used Windows Media Player.

Oh nooooo! =( I wanted to see it built!

Glad you're happy with what you got though!

wtf is lolcats?

I do still want to do the build, but can't figure out what to build now. This new comp. works just fine for what I want it to do. Even though this thing works beautifully, there is always room for improvement. Really only thing I want to change with this new setup is the audio. Go with a true 5.1 surround sound set up. And add a TV tunner card. Course now I have a mobo thats just sitting in an old case. Too bad I can't swap out the mobo like I did with the memory lol. I believe the processor in the new comp is a FM1 where as the other mobo is an AM3, so no swapping there......right?

I do still want to do the build, but can't figure out what to build now. This new comp. works just fine for what I want it to do. Even though this thing works beautifully, there is always room for improvement. Really only thing I want to change with this new setup is the audio. Go with a true 5.1 surround sound set up. And add a TV tunner card. Course now I have a mobo thats just sitting in an old case. Too bad I can't swap out the mobo like I did with the memory lol. I believe the processor in the new comp is a FM1 where as the other mobo is an AM3, so no swapping there......right?

Yeah it's an FM1. Can't swap between the two unfortunately.

That HP supports 5.1 audio out of the box if you've got the speakers to hook up to it.

wtf is lolcats?

it does support 5.1, tho I'm not sure how good it would sound since there is only the one output thing on the back. I have seen some where there are different jacks for the sub, center and surround speakers. Thats the set up I was looking for. Right now I have a 2.1 system. Doesn't sound too bad. Still gotta figure out what to do with that other mobo, don't want to get rid of it just yet. Hmmm.

Archived