Second Skin Audio

Fiber-glassing inside of box

SlamminBeats

What exactly would this do for me? Help with bracing?

My box moves like crazy, made of .75 mdf and baffle is .75. Running 2 RE SXX 15's on 1900wrms (Rockford T1500cp).

How much would building a proper box cost? 8cubes with fiberglass inside is necessary

Built at home not at some terrible audio shop...

Thanks for any input

god yes build your own box you will get a ton more output and probably be much happier with the sound. plus that movement in your box is lost energy. So yes if you are having that big of issues with it resin the inside and do alittle bracing in there.

the resin seals up the box because mdf is porous and air can actually get through the wood. try the shop vac and paper trick and that will show you that air can leak out through the wood

onto cost:

Depending on your dimensions the box should cost around 80-130. i would suggest a double baffle also.

if you want it wider than 49 (the width of mdf) itll cost much more because you will have to buy more wood instead of cutting vertically in it you will have to rip it.

The a gallon of resin and some bracing (i use closet rod personally)

some nails some glue etc and your done

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

do you have any bracing? my box is roughly 6 cubes, 2 2x4's one horizonal, the other vertical, and 80oz's of resin and my box doesnt move a millimeter, 80 oz might have been over kill but hey, it was free!

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

What exactly would this do for me? Help with bracing?

My box moves like crazy, made of .75 mdf and baffle is .75. Running 2 RE SXX 15's on 1900wrms (Rockford T1500cp).

How much would building a proper box cost? 8cubes with fiberglass inside is necessary

Built at home not at some terrible audio shop...

Thanks for any input

I had glass in mine when I ran my old re audio se 15's. If done right it helps with bracing but I think it also helps with air flow if done right and smoothed out. thats how I built up my coners.

i have no bracing, and i havent built my own box but i feel like i have the knowledge with the tuning and all that.

My only question is how to brace.. do i just run like a metal pole or closet rod as suggest from the top to bottom of the box in each compartment of the subs? also do i use resin everywhere in the box including the baffle (inside the box of course)? I really need to build a new one because the one i have a straight up joke. It's so easy to tell when it has shifted in my trunk. Bass sounds like a noob car.

Archived