Jump to content

Time to upgrade my tweets


SQMonte

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a set of PPI 356CS components up front and they sound wonderful, but after tuning my amp with my DD-1 I found that the tweets just aren't capable of handling the power i'm giving them. I'm running them off a CDT Audio SQ4100 at 4 x 100....the comps are rated at 120rms per side so i'm not able to turn them up as loud as I should be able before the tweets just start screaming and sounding nasty so I want to upgrade the tweets with something that'll fit into the existing hole in my door panel (am willing to do a little mods to get it to fit if needed). So I'd like a tweet that can handle at least 90rms and isn't very deep, I only have about 1.5" clearance back there. Any suggestions on what tweets to get?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Posted

Nevermind, forgot about the tweeter level adjustment on the xover, I move it from 0 to -3 and it sounds much better at high volume!!

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1171 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...