Sundown Audio

Amp question

NB&SV

The mono bass amp in my car sometimes acts like it discharges and then waits for a certain level of input before it'll actually output anything. If I'm listening to music without a strong bass line it'll be working for a while, then it'll seem to drop off for a while. Then if a song comes up with more bass it'll kick back in and work fine for that song, then start falling down again. I've even noticed that with a song that has a higher bass chorus it seems to take a second for the amp to catch up. I can play a bass heavy song all day and it'll never drop off.

It's a Bazooka 200 watt mono amp driving a 10" sub. I know it's a cheap amp and I've not been happy with it in other ways so if that's the problem cool. Just don't want to start chasing my tail trying fix something else.

Whats kinda voice coil does your sub have? Sounds like you have the impedance wired below what the amp can handle and it's pushing it into protect. You keep doing this and it'll burn your amp up eventually.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

It's a single coil MTX. Claims to be 4 ohm. It's not lighting the protect light anyway. I've had the trunk open looking at things. It's still slightly powering the sub, just not enough to actually do anything. It's almost like it avalanches. It can get turned up and once it reaches a point it'll kick in and work fine. I'm looking to build a custom box and redo everything whenever I get time and money. But, would like to have this work for now.

Archived