Hey guys,

This build log will follow modifications to my 95 Maxima GLE. This weekend I decided to start my first build. I really wanted to have a vehicle with a nice sound system geared towards loud SQ. I replaced all the stock speakers, putting in 2 pair of Infinity Kappa 652.9i and an Infinity Reference 475a amplifier to power them. The speakers are rated for 75w RMS each and the amp outputs 90w RMS per channel. I finished installing them on sunday and love how they sound! They have a clean and loud sound with great highs and good midbass. I plan on getting a woofer next, but that is still a plan in the works. Here's the pics I took.

A shot of my car.

img0115xy.th.jpg

In order to get the rear deck speakers out I had to remove the entire backseat to get to the cardboard cover that is over the stock speakers.

img0118rh.th.jpg

img0119rj.th.jpg

A shot of the rear deck.

img0122uq.th.jpg

These things were a bitch to pry off. The clips were really tough since they hadn't been taken off before.

img0124ftu.th.jpg

This is what the rear deck is like with the cardboard cover removed, showing the new speakers in place.

img0126vjt.th.jpg

img0128qg.th.jpg

Door panels removed to get access to the speaker housing.

img0131eo.th.jpg

I applied a few layers of Resisto Redzone to the door panels as sound deadner and baked it on with a heatgun. That shit STICKS. It was kinda pointless to wear gloves cause they just stuck to and ripped on the adhesive.

img0133og.th.jpg

img0134zd.th.jpg

img0141cz.th.jpg

In October someone broke into my car, smashing my window. I tried to pick out most of the glass bits that got stuck in the door frame, then vacuumed it out with a shopvac.

img0136zk.th.jpg

Here's where I ran the amp wiring through the backseat into the trunk. There is a carpeted kinda carboard lining in the trunk that wires come out of, concealing the wire nicely.

img0144ri.th.jpg

This is the spot on the firewall where I drilled a hole big enough to fit 4 awg cable through.

img0138ye.th.jpg

The amp powered up with its bright blue rails. I've positioned it better and cleaned up the trunk and hid the wires better since I took this picture.

img0147cm.th.jpg

I'll get some better pictures of the trunk now that I've finished putting everything in. It looks a lot more 'finished' than in this last pic. I'll also get some better pics of the cars' body when I wash it next. As soon as I finish editing some video I took I'll be posting a few videos to youtube to show the system in action.

Thanks for checking out my build log.

- Funk

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE
JVC KD-APD49 Headunit
(4) Infinity Kappa 652.9i components @ 2 ohm
(1) Infinity Reference 475a amplifier
(2) Skar Audio V-VXV1 12D4's
Hifonics Brutus 2100.1 @ 1 Ohm

----------------------------------------------
j9cBS.jpgxoGuA.jpg

[Reserved space for future use, please don't delete]

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE