if you don't dog it you'll be fine the 1 I rebuilt was for a 16 year old kid it probably his first truck so of course it was getting thrashed on

okay.

alright. ford racing.com has the 410 gears but its for the same rear end. but in a mustang. that shouldnt make a difference in the actual gear fitment right?

i havent looked to check the bolt pattern. but the 4.2 has the 8.8'' diff correct?

factory i believe are the 28's

Edited by D-train-13k

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

there are so many different rear ends. if you want to get the right part your best bet is to write the numbers off of the tags that are fastend on to the rear cover by the rear cover bolts. call someone at ford racing and give them your vin number and the numbers off of those tags. Even then you still have a good possibility that you will get the wrong part so be prepared for your truck to have some extra downtown.

there are so many different rear ends. if you want to get the right part your best bet is to write the numbers off of the tags that are fastend on to the rear cover by the rear cover bolts. call someone at ford racing and give them your vin number and the numbers off of those tags. Even then you still have a good possibility that you will get the wrong part so be prepared for your truck to have some extra downtown.

well thats exactly what i wanted to hear lol.

how will i know if its the wrong part? theres only a couple things in the regear kits.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

you might have different bearing sizes. you won't know until you tear into it. that kind of thing changed from year to year. Put the .030" shim underneath the larger pinion bearing. Your regear kit ought to come south a shim kit for the pinion bearing make shure that it does. Don't tighten the pinion nut too tight. You want the turning torque required to turn the pinion to be in between 10 and 20 inch pounds of torque. If you go too high you will fuck you pinion brgs off. If you do that and put the carrier bearing shims back in the same location you took them out at you should be fine. If the ring gear has allot of slop in it you need to move it closer to the pinion with different carrier brg shims. The spec for ring gear backlash is .012"

you might have different bearing sizes. you won't know until you tear into it. that kind of thing changed from year to year. Put the .030" shim underneath the larger pinion bearing. Your regear kit ought to come south a shim kit for the pinion bearing make shure that it does. Don't tighten the pinion nut too tight. You want the turning torque required to turn the pinion to be in between 10 and 20 inch pounds of torque. If you go too high you will fuck you pinion brgs off. If you do that and put the carrier bearing shims back in the same location you took them out at you should be fine. If the ring gear has allot of slop in it you need to move it closer to the pinion with different carrier brg shims. The spec for ring gear backlash is .012"

yeah ill be paying attention to the shimming and stuff. im going to order the complete regear kit. when i have the money.

how far up the gear should the pinion be? roughly 3/4s up?

ive never played with differentials before so ill be doing my research to make sure i do it correctly

ive never played with differentials before so ill be doing my research to make sure i do it correctly

Have someone else that has experience do it then. Too many people fuck up rear ends and end up stranded somewhere with shattered pinion/ring teeth.

Setting up a set of gears the right way isnt a walk in the park the first time you do it

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

Have someone else that has experience do it then. Too many people fuck up rear ends and end up stranded somewhere with shattered pinion/ring teeth.

Setting up a set of gears the right way isnt a walk in the park the first time you do it

im not a total retard. i trust my abilities to do stuff.

i know they're not a walk in the park but im prepared to rebuild it and do my research