Sonic Electronix

So I work at Best Buy and some people might know we get decent deals from Kicker. That being said, my system is going to be Kicker. Haha. I had a Kenwood one last year but sold it for college.

Here's what I had in mind:

11DS12L72- 2 L7s in the box from Kicker. 1500rms/3000peak

For the amp I'm thinking either two Kicker IX1000.1s or one Kicker ZX2500.1. What would be the best to go with there?

I'll be using Kicker wire of course. Ordering the 09PKD1 kit. 20 feet of 1/0 gauge wire. The biggest kit I could find from them.

My stock alternator is pushing out 190amps right now in my 07 Impala. I'm guessing that will need to change. Looked at a few from DC Power that my buddy showed me. The car couldn't handle 900 watts, I have a feeling 2500 is going to kill it.

Battery in the trunk? Yay/nay?

So any thoughts? Good idea or bad idea? Let me know. Haven't done a build this big yet.

Edited by 121ak

Mobile Electronics Certified Professional (MECP) Certified - Best Buy Autotech Certified

Those L7s are going to hate that box and hate that much power. I put 2K to my L7s (2011 model) and they got hot and smelled almost instantly. Im running mine off a ZX1500.1 and they are a lot happier. Im not 100% aware what amps my stock truck alt is, but its doing 1500 just fine w. jsut the big 3. Something you could look into and save the money on an alt for nwo

There are the resources on this forum to get great guide lines to build your own box and it will sound light years better.

Just figure out how much max space you can give up for a box and go from there. Mine liked 4-4.5 cubic ft after displacement and tune em to be loud because they are terrible SQ wise.

Im building a box right now for a friend of mine that bought them off of me so i could do my DC Audio build lol

EDIT: I have D4ohm subs wired to 1Ohm at the amp btw kicker birth sheet says 1613W

Edited by SS4Luck

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

Those L7s are going to hate that box and hate that much power. I put 2K to my L7s (2011 model) and they got hot and smelled almost instantly. Im running mine off a ZX1500.1 and they are a lot happier. Im not 100% aware what amps my stock truck alt is, but its doing 1500 just fine w. jsut the big 3. Something you could look into and save the money on an alt for nwo

There are the resources on this forum to get great guide lines to build your own box and it will sound light years better.

Just figure out how much max space you can give up for a box and go from there. Mine liked 4-4.5 cubic ft after displacement and tune em to be loud because they are terrible SQ wise.

Im building a box right now for a friend of mine that bought them off of me so i could do my DC Audio build lol

EDIT: I have D4ohm subs wired to 1Ohm at the amp btw kicker birth sheet says 1613W

I've got a mega big trunk. I would like to build a box and my dad has a big workshop but I feel like I would mess things up.

I could go with the ZX1500.1 no problems.

Edited by 121ak

Mobile Electronics Certified Professional (MECP) Certified - Best Buy Autotech Certified

Build your own box cuz prefabs are usually pretty shitty and that one looks too small.

I could probably build a box if I put some thought into it.

My biggest issue is what size and how to make the port.

There are people here to help you out though, and once you start doing it you get kinda use to it. Just download Torres Box Calc and play with it. If you give me a few minutes I can give you the specs on one real quick, all I would need is trunk dimensions.

From what I could find online the trunk has 18.6 cubes of space.

I would go out and measure but I'm moving out of my dorm right now and have no tape.

Is there an easy to use program that shows the box design? Having a hard time using these programs.

Edited by 121ak