XS Power

D3100 vs XP3000 in a 120v electric vehicle (price considered)

XP3000 or D3100?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which would be better for our application (price considered)

6v batteries will ALWAYS outperform the 12v batts

Ur standard 6v battery had over 200 amphrs so u would be loosing going to a 12v with 120 amp hrs

We considered 6v back in the day, but it came down to a size and weight issue, we want the vehicle as light as possible, and flooded 6v batteries were not a possibility due to their weight and size.

But ur 12v battery weights 120lbs each with 120 amp hrs

Where ur 6v battert is half the size weights 45 lbs and is 220 amphrs.... there is a reason people don't use 12v batteries in electric cars, my brother-in-law has an electric are

I tried to get him to go xs but with the less amp hrs more weight, and size they really arnt the better fit

Love to see the finished project tho

the xp3000 or the d3100 weigh around 75lbs each. Most people use lithium in their EV's we cant because of budget and wanting to have a safety net for recharging while we run. the issue with those larger 6v batteries, most of them are flooded and do not use virgin lead. Flooded means we have to check levels and over time the batteries need maintenance in the form of filling. Also we dont really have room for the batteries as it is, we had to have pods made on the sides of the frame to store everything, putting 6v batteries would make these pods bigger. For the lead part, from what i have read up, the more virgin the lead is the more it can store/discharge energy which is what we are looking for (maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can chime in here). To put it somewhat bluntly (not trying to be an ass) XS Power is the best battery company out there, with one of the best warranties and from our research, the best product.

We have looked before at 6v system from a company that shares its name with a brand of condom (will not name names...) and they were just too heavy for what we got, plus dealing with a flooded chemistry and the price was something we didnt want to do.

XS says these batteries can do 1000amps, very few companies take us seriously when we say 1000amps, XS had no problem with it :) Their customer service thus far has been unmatched and their reputation does speak for itself.

(plus team tr0jan sounds weird) :D

Tuned in,

Let us know what route you will take, maybe if somewhat near us I'll stop by!

May the build go very smooth for all involved.

The route will mostly be as straight of a shot as we can make from Tampa,FL to Grand Rapids,MI though we are going though Nashville and Knoxville, TN (make a stop at XS Power FOR SURE, plus we got family there). If we are confident with the vehicle from there, it MAY travel further in whatever direction we want to haha but it will depend on our jobs back home and such

Childhood Cancer gets over looked a lot. Would be great to see them supported as well

Ok we will look into that as well, any specific one in mind?

glad your mother got through a tough cancer, she's definitely a winner in your books and showing your support helps her alot. Will read this through my computer later on hard to type on this touch pad.

build coming late April, early May

build log for 1 LVL 5 18" 87%ish done : http://www.stevemead...ab-dc-lvl-5-18/

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Slt Laramie

Amplifier - AQ3500d.1

Sub - DC LVL 5 18"

Highs - (2x) Selenium ST-350 Super Tweeters 8ohm

Mids - Selenium 6" 200w midrange 6W4P (pair)

Mids/Highs Amp - MB Quart ONX4.125 1000watt 4 ch

Wiring - XP Flex 25' Red, 25' Black

Alternator - Mechman 270amp

Battery - XS power D3100, 1- Yellow top front

more to come...