FI SP4 18s 3400 watts on each

Some of you guys really gave him a great welcome to the forum. Smh..

Some people just can't help themselves, if he's happy who gives a fuck

Harsh welcome...maybe. But he said he loved it here, I am sure he is ok.

And no is giving a fuck. It was merely an opinion. That's like saying it wasn't cheap buying a Challenger and putting steelies on it. Do they work? Do they do what they are supposed to do? Yes, of course. But some people, myself included, find the balance of the system to be off. Not performance wise, looks wise. It's like spending $500 on a shirt and pants, then buying shoes with 4 stripes. Let's take a look at 4 BRZ1700...average price $240 shipped per totalling $960 for a total of about 6,800 watts if you can keep voltage steady. For that price I would do two amps or even something like a BC5500 depending on wiring options. The point is, for not much more, you can have something much better.

That being said, no harm no foul OP. It was merely an opinion. Welcome to the forum, takes heaps of pics, and we will see it when we see it. People who think others are being too mean or talking shit, not every build is going to make every person happy. Deal with it. Have to take the salt with the pepper :drinks:

Enjoy the FIs :drink40: :drink40: :drink40:

Thanks for the response. I'm here to learn. Period. I love audio it is my passion in life. Just thought of the equipment coming keeps me up at night. I appreciate your input and hope as the build continues you'll keep tuning in and giving me feed back good or bad at least your giving me something!

Btw I paid 200 per amp with free shipping so 800 isn't too bad imo

I just don't get why AudioQue's aq3500D.1 amp is like $700, and Sundown's saz-3500D is nearly $1300?? Is the first one made in China? I need either one to power my future 2- FI SP4's, but I don't want any Chinese sh#$t.

2006 P71

270A Mechman alt.

2 XS power D3100's, 1 under the hood, one in the trunk. More to come.

2 Stinger 0 gauge, 4 gauge runs front to back

Sony DSX-S300BTX AM/FM Digital Media Car Stereo with Bluetooth

Pair of Fi SP4 15''s

B2 Audio M1s MKII amp @ 1 Ohm

Front doors JBL P660C 6.5'' 2-way component system.

Rear doors JBL GT0938 6x9'' 3-way

Rockford Fosgate t600 @ 2 Ohm

Ram Designs box with 5'' port, ~ 3.6 cubic inches each facing back.

5704P Python 2-Way Responder Remote Start / Security Alarm. :shrug:

Not bad is a subjective. I had heaps of people telling me what was good, what was bad, and what they didn't like. Some of it had very good points, others may be true but I like what I like. N8 was merely giving you is true...but it seems to be what you like. No worries, like you said, one big family. We may not like your equipment but we encourage and enjoy your enthusiasm and contribution.

I'm the local logical sounds sometimes like a condescending asshole but that's not the case...I'm just an asshole :lol:

Get to work ASAP :drink40:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I just don't get why AudioQue's aq3500D.1 amp is like $700, and Sundown's saz-3500D is nearly $1300?? Is the first one made in China? I need either one to power my future 2- FI SP4's, but I don't want any Chinese sh#$t.

Dude...you wouldn't know the first thing about Chinese shit and don't spam his build log with your build log.

Audio que's are made in Korea. Not that it matters where it's from, it's just the build quality you need to look for and aq make some of the best amps for their price range.

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d

Not bad is a subjective. I had heaps of people telling me what was good, what was bad, and what they didn't like. Some of it had very good points, others may be true but I like what I like. N8 was merely giving you is true...but it seems to be what you like. No worries, like you said, one big family. We may not like your equipment but we encourage and enjoy your enthusiasm and contribution.

I'm the local logical sounds sometimes like a condescending asshole but that's not the case...I'm just an asshole :lol:

Get to work ASAP :drink40:

My biggest thing is im on a budget not cause I'm cheap but I'm actually gettin married lol a truck full of fosgates ain't got shit on a wedding!

You say that now :lol: but 2 years from now you'll be spending all your time in the garage staring at the sexy butts of your new subs

You gotta take some videos of your new installation man, I can't wait to see those SP4 in action.

2006 P71

270A Mechman alt.

2 XS power D3100's, 1 under the hood, one in the trunk. More to come.

2 Stinger 0 gauge, 4 gauge runs front to back

Sony DSX-S300BTX AM/FM Digital Media Car Stereo with Bluetooth

Pair of Fi SP4 15''s

B2 Audio M1s MKII amp @ 1 Ohm

Front doors JBL P660C 6.5'' 2-way component system.

Rear doors JBL GT0938 6x9'' 3-way

Rockford Fosgate t600 @ 2 Ohm

Ram Designs box with 5'' port, ~ 3.6 cubic inches each facing back.

5704P Python 2-Way Responder Remote Start / Security Alarm. :shrug:

Archived