"Operation: Blazer Resurrection"

Just thought i'd post up a funny incident from last weekend. Long story short, i ran into an old friend and he had 4 12" CVR's on a decent sized Power Acoustic amp. He played and little bit and TBH is sounded horrible. But i said it sounded nice cuz i dont like to rag on people systems. They spent their hard earned money on it, why tell them it's shit. Anyways i gave him a quick demo of my system and he flipped out! He said that he's never heard anything hit so clean and hard. It surprised me when he said that my system was way louder than his. Everytime i give a demo i always tell people, its not how much MONEY you put into a system, its how much KNOWLEDGE about it that matters.

• 4 months later...

So ive been super busy with school and other stuff that i havent had time to fill you guys in on my system. And other stuff..

Well about a month ago my uncle gave me a Kicker CVR and a Planet Audio TQ1201.1. The amp puts out 900w at 1 ohm so i thought, Damn that would be perfect on 4 duals!!!! LOL, so i went out and built me a couple boxes. Each one is 3ft^3 tuned to 36hz w/ 46in^2 of port. Got it all put in and man does it sound good for 120 bucks worth of subs and wood!

20120526194946.jpg

Here's a pic of my blazer the day before graduation all cleaned up. later that night all my neighbors wrote on my windows and it was pretty funny. Drove around for 2 weeks getting funny looks and what not. Funny though, it seemed like everyone would get out of my way though, like they though i was trying to get to graduation or something

20120601180302.jpg

And then.. Thursday June 21 2012, around 6 o'clock. I was heading down highway 249, following my friend to a shop for a little car meet. He was about 100 feet in front of me and he turned left into the parking lot. I followed him but as soon as i turned out of the turning lane i heard screeching tires, i looked up and saw this explorer sliding towards me and BOOM.. We got out and we were both fine. He immediatly said that he didnt have a licence and blah blah blah... his truck could drive off the road but mine had to get towed. The people that owned the shop were out there and they were like, man yall shouldnt call the cops, well get this cleaned up. I was just freakin out cuz everything was happening so fast so i called my dad and he was on his way. They towed my truck behing the shop and moved the other guys behind the shop too. They had a broom and John Doe started sweeping up the debris off the highway. Me and the guy exchanged info and he said that he didnt have a licence, he wasnt from this state and that the truck was his girlfriends. So we waited a bit and my dad showed up and talked to everyone a bit and called dispatch. Then the guys like, man i live right over here im just gonna walk home.. and a few minutes later he just wandered off. The cops showed up and we told him the story, and showed him the vehicles. He said that he couldnt fill out an accident report because both parties were not present. He said that i could have gotten a ticket for not yeilding which is understandeable and the other guy could have gotten a ticket for driving without a licence. But the officer said he would have given me a warning. So we called our insurance and told them. I only have liability so they didnt do anything for my truck. We got it towed home and its just sitting. I want to fix it but im not sure what we're going to do. My aunt has a real good hook up on body work and i could replace all the suspension myself. should be feasable as long as the frame isnt tweaked.

Now the insurance calle and said that the guy is claiming a neck injury, WTF.. The guy seemed fine and said he was good too. He kinda looked like he could have been under the influence of something. So maybe he was so messed up to feel anything idk. I told them if he goes to the doctor tell him to take a drug test too..

Heres a pic of the damage.

20120621192213.jpg

Option 1: Sell the engine and trans, sell the interior and scrap the rest.

Option 2: Sell it as a whole..

Option 3: Fix it!!!!

I think that i should fix it. If the frame isnt messed up then it will be like 400-500 bucks in suspension parts, 500 bucks in body parts, and whatever deal my aunt can get on body work and paint. What im thinkin is that i have such a good base, i dont have any problems and i have it ready for wyoming with the tires and whatnot. If i part it or sell it im going to get 3000 at best. Whatever im going to get for 3k is gonna have 100k+ miles and will have to have more work ontop of that so then im back in the same boat before i fixed the blazer. Lemmie know what you guys think. Anyways, if you read the whole post i really appriciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

Imma firin' mah blazah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17795838635842606861230.jpg

1997 Blazer, 180,000 miles, front and rear bumper are dented, interior is trashed, engine has le knock of some sort (could be an accessory), RIMZZZ, boss hu circa 2003, clear coat cancer on the passenger door and spreading.

Havent heard much from the insurance. Im sure that dude wised up and figured he couldnt get ****.

I havent started on the resurrection yet. First I need to clean the **** out of my garage! I havent had the chance to do much because of all the rain we've been getting in houston. Just this morning we got 5 inches in 3 hours! My garage is so full of **** that i cant clean it unless i can get stuff out onto the driveway. Ill post a pic up tomorrow.

My plan is to swap EVERYTHING! Engine, trans, rear end, Interior, ect. I also plan on sending my ECU in for a flash, i dont know whether to go with pcm4less or wait4me, any opinions? Plus i might try to find a rear end with a locker and disc brakes, how hard do yall think the swap will be?

• 3 weeks later...

Well I figured I would finally get to work on the new blazer since I go off to Wyoming in 6 weeks... Only got an hours worth of work today. If any of yall have removed the front clip before and know so quirky tips please share

31393739764841631138224.jpg

62104639767715302972087.jpg

Also if a mod happens to read this, if possible could you change the title of this thread to "Operation: Blazer Resurrection" Thanks!!

Dam man that sucks. If you edit your original post you can change the title yourself. Hope you get it all sorted out. was a good looking truck

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

I'm looking forward to what u have planned for this truck. Your optimism is outstanding despite what happened!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Archived