Sundown Audio

Amplifier, no Output?

TheNewbie

is the amp turning on?

Read the beginning of his second sentence.

Edit: My bad, the third sentence.

@OP, possibly the RCA inputs on the amp or the outputs on the head unit. I would try hooking the RCAs to one of the component RCA outputs on the head unit and seeing if you can get any response on a speaker.

Not exactly sure what you mean.. Could you dummy it down for me man? I'd love to try tohis to see if that's it. I have the cables hooked up to the head unit. From there what?

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

i want you to check yor power and ground going to your amp. the ONLY reason i say that is because you meantioned light dimming just from turning on. check your whole power wire from battery to amp. sometimes amps can turn on just from remote wires and the may fuse may be bad. check ground wire completely. sub is good i assume? ok. take a ddm meter to your rcas and see what you get if anything. maybe head unit is bad. unger headunit did you turn on sub channel. did it unplug from your headunit behind dash? sounds like its all hooked up right just need to re check everything. thats usually how i fix my problems. Since the amp turns on it sounds like there is a problem between headunit and wires to amp or somewhere there. let me know

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

i want you to check yor power and ground going to your amp. the ONLY reason i say that is because you meantioned light dimming just from turning on. check your whole power wire from battery to amp. sometimes amps can turn on just from remote wires and the may fuse may be bad. check ground wire completely. sub is good i assume? ok. take a ddm meter to your rcas and see what you get if anything. maybe head unit is bad. unger headunit did you turn on sub channel. did it unplug from your headunit behind dash? sounds like its all hooked up right just need to re check everything. thats usually how i fix my problems. Since the amp turns on it sounds like there is a problem between headunit and wires to amp or somewhere there. let me know

Actually just fixed that problem, put in a new battery revently and forgot that i had not tightened the cables.. dumb me. i put them both tight now. The flickering problem no longer exists. Still can't figure out about the sub. Unfortunately i don't own a DMM but will get one very soon, if not go buy one. If it has output than it's not those put if it doesn't than i need to replace those. Correct?

Check out my build log:

is the amp turning on?

@OP, possibly the RCA inputs on the amp or the outputs on the head unit. I would try hooking the RCAs to one of the component RCA outputs on the head unit and seeing if you can get any response on a speaker.

Not exactly sure what you mean.. Could you dummy it down for me man? I'd love to try tohis to see if that's it. I have the cables hooked up to the head unit. From there what?

You know how the headunit has two sets of RCA plugins? Well, most do. One set is Subwoofer RCA outputs, and the other set is for the components. Switch the RCAs from the Subwoofer plugins to the other set. This is all on the headunit. Its a possibility that the Subwoofer plugins went out, and if you move the RCA cables to the component ones and it fixes your problem, that would prove it. If it doesn't fix it, then it is either power problems, such as a poor ground or even a remote wire being loosely connected, or it could be your RCA inputs on the Amplifier is bad.

I am sorry if I sound confusing, I just can't think of the proper terminology to describe it better ATM haha.

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

is the amp turning on?

You know how the headunit has two sets of RCA plugins? Well, most do. One set is Subwoofer RCA outputs, and the other set is for the components. Switch the RCAs from the Subwoofer plugins to the other set. This is all on the headunit. Its a possibility that the Subwoofer plugins went out, and if you move the RCA cables to the component ones and it fixes your problem, that would prove it. If it doesn't fix it, then it is either power problems, such as a poor ground or even a remote wire being loosely connected, or it could be your RCA inputs on the Amplifier is bad.

I am sorry if I sound confusing, I just can't think of the proper terminology to describe it better ATM haha.

Haha, no actually i get it now. But how do i know what one is for the sub and what one isn't? Not only that but couldn't they both be out? Hha, now that i think about it i never used the other set so there shouldn't be a reason there blown out right? Thanks for the input man. I peiced together all these wires.. it'sm most likely a bad wire im hoping. I just hope it's not with the amp. :/. Jus went out there. Did what you

Check out my build log:

is the amp turning on?

Haha, no actually i get it now. But how do i know what one is for the sub and what one isn't? Not only that but couldn't they both be out? Hha, now that i think about it i never used the other set so there shouldn't be a reason there blown out right? Thanks for the input man. I peiced together all these wires.. it'sm most likely a bad wire im hoping. I just hope it's not with the amp. :/. Jus went out there. Did what you said and didn't do anything.

Check out my build log:

go to sears and get a crafsman amp clamp. has like 35 features including the amp meter and a ddm . i got mine for like $40.00 and its just as precise as myu dads 300 dollar fluke meter.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

Havinga buddy of mine come over so i acan test the amp out, if it turns out to be the wires would you suggest replacing them all? Or just try to find the wire. Im sure i could go tsmaller gauge wire.

Check out my build log: