sundownz Posted December 22, 2011 Report Posted December 22, 2011 Newest production run arrived a few weeks ago -- we changed the output FETs to the same parts the newest 3500Ds are using (more powerful) and made a few other small tweaks. 0.5 ohm performance is now just as good as the v.1 1500D while maintaining the slightly better 1 ohm performance that we had already achieved on the v.2 model. I don't have any 1500D v.1s around the shop right now so I'm using previously tested data : 1500D v.1 POWER : 1970 Watts AMP VOLTAGE (measured) : 49.25 V AMP CURRENT (calculated) : 40 A ACTUAL IMPEDANCE (calculated) : 1.23 ohms SUPPLY VOLTAGE : 12.85 V 1500D v.2 POWER : 2030 Watts AMP VOLTAGE (measured) : 47.4v V AMP CURRENT (calculated) : 42.8 A ACTUAL IMPEDANCE (calculated) : 1.11 ohms SUPPLY VOLTAGE : 13.3 V So essentially identical performance within margin of error now on 0.5 ohm operation -- which is great since the v.2 is 1.6" shorter than the v.1 model was ! I'll have to get some 16v testing done too -- but I may wait until I actually have a v.1 model 1500D around to do it head to head. I'm sure I'll get one traded in again eventually. Quote - Jacob Fuller - Owner, Sundown Audio - Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK - Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]
hartman209 Posted December 22, 2011 Report Posted December 22, 2011 so are prior rus of v2s compareable at 1 ohm to the new run of v2s at 1 ohm Quote
sundownz Posted December 22, 2011 Author Report Posted December 22, 2011 so are prior rus of v2s compareable at 1 ohm to the new run of v2s at 1 ohm Not much has changed at 1 ohm. Quote - Jacob Fuller - Owner, Sundown Audio - Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK - Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.