Hey Everyone! This is my first build in my First car. I'm not sure where i'm going to be going with it but I know I want to make a decent Ground Pounder!

Right now in my car I have a MB Quart Onyx 1500.1D for my amp, Kenwood BT648U for the Head unit, speaker wise Boss Chaos Exxtreme 6x9's in my rear and Alpine Type S 5.25's in my doors.

Well to start off, Here's my Trunk!

IMAG0263.jpg

Here's my MB Quart amp!

IMAG0264.jpg

I cut this out from behind my Rear passenger seat so i could hook up the new amp. I don't know what it is, anyone know what it is?

IMAG0265.jpg

IMAG0267.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

A Kicker ZX250.2 Amp that I got from PurpleHaze, Thanks a lot! I hope to get it into my car soon!

IMAG0257-1.jpg

So Today, After not having a Sub For nearly 2 months, I saw a guy on Craigslist selling two 12" Rockford Punch Hx2's. I was like Holy crap! and for 20$?! That's a real nice deal! So I went to pick them up and the cones like he said in the ad are real cracked.

This one was the BAD one.

IMAG0269.jpg

This one wasn't so bad.

IMAG0270.jpg

When I tested them they worked fine and everything. Motors were fine they fed fine from my amp. So next I went and just hooked them up and listened to them play for the twenty minute drive home. So when I got home I took some duct tape i thought was good. Turns out it wasn't that great and here's what I got.

Now this is the one that was Badly cracked and stuff.

IMAG0271.jpg

So I go drive around do some errands for my sister and I get home and look at the subs. They Blew the tape right off! So now i was like. "oh No. I am Not Throwing these nice Rockfords away!" So I looked around for tape then I called up my neighbor since I couldn't find any Decent tape and I asked him for some duct tape and he says "Man, I have some Gorilla Tape that you can use. Just come on over and get it" So I go over and talk for a bit and come back.

Attempt #2 at Taping the subs? I felt confident in the Gorilla Tape so I used a lot more of it.

IMAG0273.jpg

I haven't been able to go anywhere after finished them but Man, They sound a whole lot better now! Does anyone think I should get more Gorilla Tape and go over the rest of the cone with it? I really like the Look it gives and since there's so much on it already I don't think it'd hurt and it'd look Better IMO. Does anyone agree? I for sure if i intend to use these subs long term will do them justice and build a better box.

And I don't know the specs. I just know that they are 8 ohms.

Edited by TygaTony

adding that much tape to them will change there mechanical weight, and when you build a box, your mechanicl Q will be incorrect. There are a few options. Its sad you bought them with bab cones. You could recone them, or buy a new sub, and take the $20 loss. If you are not to limited on space or it you are, look at maybe a singel 10 or 12. Granted it will cost you, but if you do it right the first time, it will cost less in the end. if I can be more help, let me know. good luck.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

adding that much tape to them will change there mechanical weight, and when you build a box, your mechanicl Q will be incorrect. There are a few options. Its sad you bought them with bab cones. You could recone them, or buy a new sub, and take the $20 loss. If you are not to limited on space or it you are, look at maybe a singel 10 or 12. Granted it will cost you, but if you do it right the first time, it will cost less in the end. if I can be more help, let me know. good luck.

Oh I bought them as Temp Subs. I'll be using them for a month. I didn't want to spend too much for subs i won't be using for a long term. I'm saving up for DC subs. I Don't think I should had said Budget in the title but yeah. I mean i'm using them just for a short time. I tried to find a new cone for them but couldn't find them. if you could post me a link to them I'll recone them.

Edit: they will also be Back up Subs or i might recone them and sell them. i'm not sure what i'm going to do with these Rf's

Edited by TygaTony

those are good subs when once reconed with better parts... talk to forevrbumpn here on the forum and see if he has parts for your sub... i bought some recone parts from him before.

or if your not willing to go through that... ill buy those subs off you once u get your dcs...

that foam pad you removed was it on the chair or on the floor? looks like its jus some sound deadening foam

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

I say take the subs out of the box and throw some Epoxy/Glue of some sort on the back side of those cones and then maybe a little tape them after if they need them. Those are some nice Rockford subs. I say you give them a little better effort for a repair

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.