552350_10151266071705943_1693305242_n.jpg

I added another 14ft of wire tonight, Most of it was the front to back ground run but now it is mostly upgraded!

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I just started my next project. I will be running two 6.5s in each door with the tweeters up higher.

It will pretty straight forward, the idea is to mimic the sub beauty panel by making the trim for the mids out of the same material. Not only is it the same .100" 2024 T3 but I will be cutting these out of the waste material from the 18" holes haha

These pics are ROUGH I literally just pulled it off the template. I will be shaping them a bit more and sanding them nice and smooth then giving it the same sanded finish.

IMAG1023-1.jpg

They are Pioneer something-or-others IDK I found them in my shed.

IMAG1024.jpg

Thanks for looking!

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

I couldn't see it while I was working it but now that I am looking at the pictures I think I will make the line straight above each cone. That long arch looks like a damn hunchback or something I don't like it.

Unlike most cars, I have manual windows so I am working out how to dodge the window crank.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

People forget how much room window cranks take. I tried putting a shorter crank on one once- it took all the leverage away and it took grunt to move the windows.

You under hood wire looks legit Drew. :drink40:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Thanks Colin

I'm glad to see you are still active with the hobby- I remember back when you were on all the myspace groups

Car Audio Fanatics then Car Audio RESPEK I think they were.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Yep- those were the ones. You were on them too son! haha

I'm getting older and slower though- I guess that happens for a minute when the family and kid thing starts. ...then the kids get old enough to start liking Audio too (crosses fingers!) and then I can really start being broke! :D

^ Like the door idea too. I've never heard those Pioneers before, but I remember seeing them. Always wanted to try some out. Now get to work and get them playing! :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I started on the front stage today.

It was rough because 1) there is no fucking room on the door panel and 2) I have manual windows which means the window crank eats up what space I do have.

This came out kinda how I expected- not quite up to par for what I'd like so I'll end up fixing it sometime in the future. For now though, it does its job and is a step up from the old setup.

IMAG1025.jpg

IMAG1026.jpg

IMAG1027.jpg

IMAG1028.jpg

IMAG1029.jpg

aaaaaaaand finally.

IMAG1036.jpg

Thats about as far as I got. The aluminum trim piece is tapped and the speakers have allen heads that bolt directly to the backing.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

That cable has the same copper content as standard american zero... the "plastic" core is used to conteract the magnetic fields of the wire to prevent power distortion and allow for more power transmition with less losses per foot... also its super super wound... more than any other wire ive seen

How would you compare the Monster Powerflex to other 1/0 cable? (Knu, RF, Stinger Pro, etc) I see they have it for around $2.20/ft when buying spools.

Oh, the engine bay looks legit as well.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Like I think i mentioned earlier, the wire was great for my purpose. On the positive I love how it looks and the size of the wire. The price is good, it replaced wire like hyperflex, rockford, knu, xscorpian, and industrial low strand 1/0 and I don't feel bad about it. It's not very flexible, and the plastic in the core make solderig a hassle are the two biggest drawbacks.

Archived