Need speaker Mounts

Tek18

first of all first Thread here :)

just got some new speakers for christmas and i don't even have the bracket for them ( lol ) its my fault i thought that the speaker would come out of this stock thing but it looks to be the entire speaker??? kinda dumb.

it has to be pretty far out and this link i found for my car:

Speaker Brackets 5-1/4" or 6-1/2" speaker adapter plates for select 1999-up Audi, Buick, Ford, Hyundai, Kia, Lexus, Mercedes, Scion, Subaru, and Toyota models at Crutchfield.com

will not work i need a good inch and a half extra plus that bracket or so... so it doesn't hit the window.

are there cheaper ones or extended ones???

pics.

DSC04047.jpg

DSC04048.jpg

DSC04049.jpg

its a 2005 Toyota Highlander

and i mean i was told from someone else to buy some MDF and just mount them in some home made things, i would just do the longer screw method but will that make it sound weird with no box?

No it wont make a weird sound. You could make some mdf rings but the brackets will be easier.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

You wouldn't have the best mid bass or anything like that but I doubt you would notice if you're upgrading speakers. If you're amping them aswell I really don't think you would notice. The speaker will work being suspended like you say, don't worry about that

Edited by 96Blazer

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.