Second Skin Audio

Box for 2 AQ SDC2.5 12's

So I'm going to be building a box for 2 AQ 12's. Should I do separate chambers or a shared chamber? I was thinking about tuning it around 33-35hz and about 1.75 cubes per sub. I'm not going for pure spl I just want an all around good sounding system. They'll be powered by an AQ 1200D. Any suggestions would be helpful.

So I'm going to be building a box for 2 AQ 12's. Should I do separate chambers or a shared chamber? I was thinking about tuning it around 33-35hz and about 1.75 cubes per sub. I'm not going for pure spl I just want an all around good sounding system. They'll be powered by an AQ 1200D. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Looks good so far on paper. My only suggestion would be to stick to their 16 in^2 of port area per cubic ft rule or slightly more. Im using the hdc3 15's tuned to 38hz and they get loud. i think you will be satisfied wtih 33-35hz tune. Should still get plenty loud and stay musical. And they can use a shared chamber preferably port in center IMO.

Current Set-Up

2004 Chevy Tahoe

Subs: 2 DC XL 15's

Box: 8.5 ft^3 @ 38hz

Amp: Amrican Bass VFL 500.1

Alt: Db Electric 250amp

Batts: 2 Kinetic HC 1200s

Radio: Pioneer 3300UB

Doors: Pyle Pro Mids/Goldwood Tweets

Amp: Alpine MRP-300/Hifonics ZX80.4

Wire: Kicker 1/0 Guage

Termlab: 153.1 Outlaw Style @ 46HZ

Why do you suggest a center port, what are its advantages over an L port?

Mainly asthetics. I think boxes look better when two subs have a centered port. Thats why i suggested that as only an opinion.

Current Set-Up

2004 Chevy Tahoe

Subs: 2 DC XL 15's

Box: 8.5 ft^3 @ 38hz

Amp: Amrican Bass VFL 500.1

Alt: Db Electric 250amp

Batts: 2 Kinetic HC 1200s

Radio: Pioneer 3300UB

Doors: Pyle Pro Mids/Goldwood Tweets

Amp: Alpine MRP-300/Hifonics ZX80.4

Wire: Kicker 1/0 Guage

Termlab: 153.1 Outlaw Style @ 46HZ

sounds good. but your telling me this doesn't look sexy?

dansproperbox4.jpg

its all about how you design it. also shared chambers play off each other and usually can get just a tad louder. :shrug:

sounds good. but your telling me this doesn't look sexy?

dansproperbox4.jpg

its all about how you design it. also shared chambers play off each other and usually can get just a tad louder. :shrug:

Its easy on the eyes but I'd question its build quality....think of the box like a sandwhich, the top and bottom are the bread and everything else should be in between them. On ur drawing, the top is in between the sides.....no bueno!

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

I would go with a much bigger box, specially since you are wiring the amplifier to 1 ohm i´m guessing, efficiency FTW , around 4.5 c/f and 2 6" aeros should murder, or, around 70SQ of port, this of course if you have the room available in your car...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/