Sonic Electronix

Amp Wiring and Battery Help!

Hello all!

I'm young and on a budget. I have two 12'' Power Acoustik Subwoofers and a Power Acoustik BAMF 5500d amplifier (over rated - I'm on a budget).

The whole car is already wired from battery to trunk and stereo to trunk from my previous install. My question is:

The Power Acoustik BAMF 5500d amplifier has two ground, two power, and two remote inputs. I only have one battery (stock electrical), how would I go about wiring this amplifier to my ground and power I already have going into the trunk of the car? And what about the two remote wires?? I only have one remote coming from the headunit to the trunk.

Do I NEED two batteries to run this amplifier driving both subwoofers?

Please help me out! Thanks in advanced!

Hello all!

I'm young and on a budget. I have two 12'' Power Acoustik Subwoofers and a Power Acoustik BAMF 5500d amplifier (over rated - I'm on a budget).

The whole car is already wired from battery to trunk and stereo to trunk from my previous install. My question is:

The Power Acoustik BAMF 5500d amplifier has two ground, two power, and two remote inputs. I only have one battery (stock electrical), how would I go about wiring this amplifier to my ground and power I already have going into the trunk of the car? And what about the two remote wires?? I only have one remote coming from the headunit to the trunk.

Do I NEED two batteries to run this amplifier driving both subwoofers?

Please help me out! Thanks in advanced!

You dont need 2 batteries. You can just run 2 lines off the battery. And as far as the 2 terminals for remote, that second terminal is just to make wiring additional amps easier. In other words, only one side needs to be used.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Archived