No Way my head-unit can be turned up to 62/62

what dont you get bro?

the bass amp cannot distort at 57 because the volume should be at 62 when setting sub amp gain, therefor it CANNOT clip/distort at 57 when setting it up correctly

(unless you had a 8v preout or something crazy like that)

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

so then 56 is safer then? right?

62 is clip free... so volume 0-62 is safe

you want the most amount off preout voltage so you turn the gain on amp up the least, this results in the least amount of thd

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

you want the most amount off preout voltage so you turn the gain on amp up the least, this results in the least amount of thd

i see i see, but the bass amp read distortion at 57, everything was flat, my question is, you know the sub level how it goes from -24 to +6, i had it at 0. that to me seems to be almost all the way up... should it have been at 0 or at like -24??

i see i see, but the bass amp read distortion at 57, everything was flat, my question is, you know the sub level how it goes from -24 to +6, i had it at 0. that to me seems to be almost all the way up... should it have been at 0 or at like -24??

how is that possible? with gain all the way down play track 1+2 thru amp speaker terminals til headunit clips, which will be volume 62. then go to track 3/4 or 5/6, volume at 62, don't move test probes and turn up gain til it distorts. which means the bass amp cannot distort at 57, its impossible because when you turned the gain up the headunit volume should have been 62.

sub level should be at 0

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

how is that possible? with gain all the way down play track 1+2 thru amp speaker terminals til headunit clips, which will be volume 62. then go to track 3/4 or 5/6, volume at 62, don't move test probes and turn up gain til it distorts. which means the bass amp cannot distort at 57, its impossible because when you turned the gain up the headunit volume should have been 62.

sub level should be at 0

yea i had sub level at 0 when testing HU clipping, it went on at 57. So say i tune it at 62, would you recommend turning it up to 62?