'72 Impala project

LoganFehr

Just so you all know, I'm 17 with some experience and a lot of ambition.

So, I found a 1972 Impala two door, completely stock and all original parts, bought it for $200 and I've decided it's gonna be a little project of mine. I have an RE SE-x 10 and a Rockford Fosgate P700-1BD (got it practically free from my buddy, brand new), which I was planning on putting in my last car before the transmission crapped out on it :dammit:

Anyways, I need advice. I want to put in a system that sounds clean, low wattage, that'll be easy to upgrade, and as always cheaper is better. I'm pretty limited financially right now. Eventually it'll be two Fi BTL N2's in there, but right now I just need a little more sound than one stock speaker on AM radio hahaha. As of this moment, the car is completely stock, as it came from the factory. Stock doors have no speakers, and only speaker in there is one cheap 5x8" in the rear dash.

I need suggestions! If anybody needs to know anything, ask. Thanks in advance for the help :D

Ok, I took a couple pictures. If you want any more pics of specific areas just tell me and I'll get on it. The car actually isn't in bad shape, but it's gonna eventually get a full re-work: body, paint, glass, seals, gauges, upholstery, etc. The whole nine yards.

IMAG0154.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

Now that's trunk space. And Yeah, I'm still catching mice from inside there. I'm into double digits now :lol:

IMAG0159.jpg

Best sounding AM radio I've ever heard. I'm not making that shit up.

IMAG0160.jpg

And of course, everybody needs a pal with them when they're workin on stuff.

IMAG0162.jpg

Great find! Looks like it has a lot of potential! gonna be watching this for sure.

TEAM DC

www.dcsoundlab.com

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6 Speed

Ported Clam

6 12" DC Audio XL M2's

2 American Bass 1100.1

1 American Bass 350.4

3 D3100, 1 D975, 3 D925

Second Skin Damp Pro and Spectrum.

About 75% done

153.6 Sealed on dash at 34hz

TDH.jpg

Thanks guys. I bought it from my grandpa who had it sitting on his yard for just over 9 years. I got it running with an afternoon in the shop and some TLC, and the stock 350 in there still idles like silk and runs decent with no knocks or rattles. I think I got really lucky with this gem.

Archived