OrangeJuiced's Sierra Body Dropped and Juiced (Revived and Tuckin4's)

Body work looks good! You gonna block the primer then re-prime and wet sand before painting? Its more work but worth it in the long run!

Just remember no hard lines when priming and painting, youll see everything no matter how much you try to wet sand it out, always blend outwards of the areas you repaired.

Also, when you go to paint, start in areas you repaired first, get good even coverage and work in wider diameters on every coat. This helps blend the color evenly and eliminates the chance of tiger striping.

When clearing the paint, clear the entire bed, not just repaired areas. Use a gray scotch bright pad and scuff the entire bed so its a dull sheen. Doing this eliminates the chance of lifting at the edges of where you stopped your clear coat.

Just some helpful hints so that your finished product looks like new again!

Doing pretty much everything you just said. Blocking with 400, then priming again, then blocking again. Not going to use any hardlines. As far as clearing the WHOLE bed, I dont have enough clear for that. I'm following the body line all the way around from wheel well to wheel well. Wet sanding the clear with 800 before spraying. Also doing the spraying outwards like you mentioned. To get rid of the clear coat line, I'm spraying a 90% reducer and 10% clear mixture over. This basically melts the line away. You sound very familiar with body work. I'm sure you've heard of this method. Thanks for looking out man!

Yup, used that method, multiple times in my life, lol! I actually graduated from Wyotech in 05 with certifications in collision, refinishing, street rod, interior tech, adv. street rod, adv. interior tech, chassis fab, and adv. chassis fab.

I am building a 69 C-10, to debut in Detroit next year at autorama. Been building it for almost 7 years now! Just about ready to start putting it together, but I need to finish interior fabrication.

We have close to 8000 man hours so far between 4 people, and that will go up during assembly.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Yup, used that method, multiple times in my life, lol! I actually graduated from Wyotech in 05 with certifications in collision, refinishing, street rod, interior tech, adv. street rod, adv. interior tech, chassis fab, and adv. chassis fab.

I am building a 69 C-10, to debut in Detroit next year at autorama. Been building it for almost 7 years now! Just about ready to start putting it together, but I need to finish interior fabrication.

We have close to 8000 man hours so far between 4 people, and that will go up during assembly.

That sir is what I plan on doing with my life. You have a pm coming haha.

• 1 month later...

So I got this in the mail today...

5e2eceb3.jpg

d5a9aebd.jpg

a43370ef.jpg

007123b9.jpg

9e80542a.jpg

128f6d8b.jpg

04df51df.jpg

04df51df.jpg

c45eb240.jpg

56995b0d.jpg

This is an MB Quart Q Series prototype amp. The amp is 8 years old. It is a class A/B 2 channel amp. 500 watts per channel at either 4 Ohm or 2 Ohm. Has clipping indicators and crossovers adjustable with a read out from the LCD screen. Tells the temperature of the MOSFETS too. Very high end amp. It was the last amp made in the US by Rockford. The MOSFETS used are from a Lincoln welder. With proper electrical it can put out well over 1000 watts. Best part about this amp, it was free! My dad's friend from work use to work for Rockford Fosgate and got 3 of these amps. He got laid off and they just sat in his garage. My dad kept the monoblock and the 4 Channel. This amp should push my subs a lot harder than the Audiopipe. I hooked it up today, but only hooked the subs to one channel. I have to open the box and wire the coils in series (4 Ohm) then wire to each channel.

Also did some sanding on the tonneau cover

b4986a7a.jpg

cant wait to see this cover on and painted, wanna see what it looks like for when i do mine..

and i think your truck is wanting to get painted i see her peeking over there in the backround :BART:

Yeah I'm anxious to get it all painted so I can work on the interior. She desperately wants painted and driven. She's lonely in the garage haha. I got some 400 grit sandpaper today so let the fingerprints be gone! (Wetsanding) haha

Archived