XS Power

Could be a few things. Normally this doesn't happen with sealed batteries.

There could have been corrosion on the cables when it was hooked up to a flooded battery before and it has just continued to grow. The battery could be venting around the negative post and creating this. If there is another flooded battery hooked up in the system it could be causing it.

What I would suggest doing it getting it cleaned off real good. You can use a brush and adding some type of acidic liquid (lemon juice, pepsi, coke, etc...) will help eat it away pretty quick. Then just clean that off and hook the battery back up. Since one cause could be the battery venting I would look and check the charge voltage coming into the battery. High input voltage can cause venting and I would also look to make sure the terminal isn't cracked.

If it comes back then I would get the battery tested out and see if it is venting for some reason or if the terminal has a crack in it. If it doesn't come back then it was from a build up on an older battery.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg