that pulley on that alt looks big

if it is too big i will use the pulley off stock alt. i also want to use bolts as terminals for subs but not sure what kind of bolts to use. anyone have adviice?

I use bolts for terminals on my box. I use stainless steel bolts. They work great. But if you can, pick up some brass bolts for better current flow. And make sure there isn't a coating on the bolts. Some stainless steel bolts will be coated with some sort of clear waxy stuff.

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d

ok so i installed the new alt about 4 days ago and was going to add the bolts for terminals then realized i didnt have all the materials needed. after i installed alt i tested out the system and everything was working fine. the next morning when i was leaving work i got about 6 blocks away and heard a pop noise and all my highs cut out. i saw that the wires from my sub amp might have touched (i forgot to tape them up). i checked all power and ground wires everything was fine but remote wire had nothing. the next day i could hear music coming from highs but was like a soft whisper. so i decided yest to rewire everything (new rca speaker wire and remote) nothing has changed. im thinking either rca output on head unit is fried or something happened to both my amps. anyone have any suggestions?

If you plug an ipod into your amp using a 1/8 to RCA cable, does the amp still work? Might have to jump the +12v to remote to turn the amp on if the remote wire is dead.

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

• 1 month later...

Archived