Second Skin Audio

Retuning amp with new Box??

lotus

Im building a bigger and better box for my 2 american bass xd 12s running off an 100.1, will i have to retune the amp?

2010 Cobalt LT Coupe

Subs: 2 American bass XFL 12s

Amp: Crescendo BC3500D

Big 3 in 1/0awg

29hz box

stinger volt meter

2nd battery Deka 9a31

pioneer DEH-9400BH

Im building a bigger and better box for my 2 american bass xd 12s running off an 100.1, will i have to retune the amp?

shouldn't as long as your comfortable with the power the subs will be getting and as long as its a clean signal.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

shouldn't as long as your comfortable with the power the subs will be getting and as long as its a clean signal.

the box i have now is tuned to high 30s, i got it from bob at american bass so it could be 35-40hz. i thought that with a lower tuning i might need to retune. and do know wat i should set the subsonic or lowpass filter too? new box is 32hz

2010 Cobalt LT Coupe

Big 3 in 1/0awg

29hz box

stinger volt meter

2nd battery Deka 9a31

pioneer DEH-9400BH

the box i have now is tuned to high 30s, i got it from bob at american bass so it could be 35-40hz. i thought that with a lower tuning i might need to retune. and do know wat i should set the subsonic or lowpass filter too?

If the signal is clean and the subs can handle the 750 each even in a bigger enclosure then you don't need to retune it just due to the enclosure. The subsonic should be set at or a few hz below the tuning frequency. never run with it off when using a vented enclosure.

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

Lowpass filter is debatable. I would lowpass at 80 or 90 at the highest. I don't know what your mids and highs are like or if you have any midbass drivers. But 80 or 90 is what I prefer personally.

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

Lowpass filter is debatable. I would lowpass at 80 or 90 at the highest. I don't know what your mids and highs are like or if you have any midbass drivers. But 80 or 90 is what I prefer personally.

i just want the bass to hit real low and bump hard. i only have subs, no after market speakers yet.

2010 Cobalt LT Coupe

Big 3 in 1/0awg

29hz box

stinger volt meter

2nd battery Deka 9a31

pioneer DEH-9400BH

Archived