Second Skin Audio

Inverted Rockford punch P1

Forgot to post question. What is a good box for this P1-4ohm inverted sub? Thanks for any and all help!

I have an SSD 15" for my bass, I'm wanting something now to better play my 150hz-200hz. I could buy a 8" for this, but I already have a 12", and I don't think it should be a problem.

Reason for inverted:

1.) The front has some sun-fading spots

2.) Inverted subs ALWAYS look cooler than non inverted

/fact!

/or at least should be fact ;)

EDIT: (But the sub still registers 3.8 ~ 3.9 ohms, so it is still a good sub, just old. I'll be pushing it with 150rms, but it can take a little more)

But I have no idea of what boxes are supposed to be like for inverted subs. I also don't know if I should reverse my + and - terminals. I would like some suggestion on boxes, but please keep in mind it need it to be semi-small. This is gonna go behind my center console, and in front of my back seat (Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo). It will need to have a shape like below to fit over the hump in my floor.

Things to keep in mind:

1.) I don't need it to be the loudest thing ever, just make the notes audible.

2.) If inverted subs 'Must' be ported, I would like for it to be symmetrical.

I will post the dimensions in a few min, I need to go measure. But either way I want it to be as small as possible. I think regular mounted subs are better for small boxes, but still... I want what I want (I just hope it's possible :pardon:)

I know the hump on bottom is 11" across. I'm not sure, but I think that is all that is need for it to be a small box. Either way actual dimensions coming up soon. At work, you know how that is :(.

Edited by lagexe

I don't see a question posted anywhere in the first post.. Are you askin to have a box designed? An no they done have to be ported, that's just dumb to think that.. Inverting changes almost nothing but gives the box more room inside..

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

I don't see a question posted anywhere in the first post.. Are you askin to have a box designed? An no they done have to be ported, that's just dumb to think that.. Inverting changes almost nothing but gives the box more room inside..

My apologies, yes I'm asking if the dimensions in the second post are good for a P1 12 inverted?

I'll edit the first post. My apologies again.

Also, I'm wondering if someone has some better dimensions than my second post. Smaller or a little bigger.

Edited by lagexe