Second Skin Audio

help box design?

It's best having the port in the same surface as the subs, you can try aiming the firing up, back and front to see how do you like it better. In separate chamber trunks usually front firing is best, also you should let the port have some breathing room in front of it, best two times it's width.

its in a 02 jeep and i herd that subs up port back is good for suv's but im not sure so i mean idk if that means anything but im just not sure right now lol

I don't think a single 600W sub will be enough for a SUV that's the main porblem, you should be building a box for two at least.

I think that best results are achieved with ports and subs in the same surface but yes some people claim a SPL boost with up-back configuration.. all vehicles are different so you need to experiment yourself.. If you want to try the up-back configuration you need to get familiar with the Torres since the software I use don't support that.

Edited by Joe X

I don't think a single 600W sub will be enough for a SUV that's the main porblem, you should be building a box for two at least.

I think that best results are achieved with ports and subs in the same surface but yes some people claim a SPL boost with up-back configuration.. all vehicles are different so you need to experiment yourself.. If you want to try the up-back configuration you need to get familiar with the Torres since the software I use don't support that.

well ill get two eventually im just really strapped for money right now lol so im happy with a 1 it still gets down though lol but ya ill prob just do what you said since i already get design and everything ready to go for that, thanks for info