Sonic Electronix

My wifes car has a punch 1000 amp that powers an AQ HDC3 wired down to half ohm, but here lately it has started to go into safe mode but i can not figure out why. i have already checked all of the fuses and checked the voltage (which is staying stable). any suggestions on what might be going wrong or is the amp just done with its life its gone threw three different systems, my wifes being the third, each at about a year a piece. the amp will stay on if it is not played loud with the gain about half. if the the remote gain knob is turned up all the way it wont go past 40 out of 60 on the volume on the stereo. itll go about 50 out of 60 at half remote gain knob depending on the song.

Edited by distinktbean

I believe rockfords go into protect anything lower than .7

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

the coils are dead on .5 ohm. voltage stays in the 14's. but the amp goes into protect then if u turn it down a little bit it comes back on. i think its the amp. i have looked at it personaly thats all i can come up with

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

its been fine for 3 months or so at .5

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056

the coils are dead on .5 ohm. voltage stays in the 14's. but the amp goes into protect then if u turn it down a little bit it comes back on. i think its the amp. i have looked at it personaly thats all i can come up with

i've been having the same problem with a jl 500/1 amp.. everything checks out fine. but when u turn it a little to loud it will shut off, then cut back on once u turn it down.. if u find the answer please post it.

if you believe that the amp sees .5 at all times while playing music, you must be insane. only reason that amp has been working (and probably the reason why its not working right now) is because of box rise

i've been having the same problem with a jl 500/1 amp.. everything checks out fine. but when u turn it a little to loud it will shut off, then cut back on once u turn it down.. if u find the answer please post it.

i really think its the amp dieing. no dead spots in the coil, no harmful voltage drop, that amp wasnt designed for .5 nominal straight up. what sub and coils do you have

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056

if you believe that the amp sees .5 at all times while playing music, you must be insane. only reason that amp has been working (and probably the reason why its not working right now) is because of box rise

No kranny im not stupid. im just saying it has been fine for 3 or 4 months and nothing has been changed. voltage is good and coils arent burnt. so that leads me to believe it is the amp as the amp was never designed to be ran at .5 nominal impedance.

Edited by t-money

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056