14v VW?

I was curious if any one here has run a 14v VW before. If you have could you please answer a few questions for me?

1. What problems if any occurred?

2. Did you use a step down? If so how do you determine how many amps you'll need to step down?

3. What year and model was it?

4. Did you have to do anything special besides upgrading batts and alt?

Thanks in advance

you win some, you lose some

Couple things I've learned with 14v.... most stock computer are rated up to 16v....you will have to find a way to adj the regulator on your alternator...not sure if machman makes one...or if you run 2 alts that won't be a issue..... plus if your running the 12k it will protect at 16.3... any how I charge at 16v my truck doesn't have issues there..at 16.5 my steering sensos acts up and makes my steering really light... most highs amps don't like 16v...but the sds you have should be fine.... the benifits of 14v make it worth the swap...I would rather drop in the 13s then the 11s anyday..

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Yea the mechman will come with a avbm. I was going to charge at 15.9-16 and and top off batts once a week, since the 12k doesn't log much higher. Yea the SDs are good to 18v I believe. Im just afraid stupid German engineering. Nothing had yet to be easy in this car. Also the d1400s are in the same casing as the 3400s so no new rack/buss bars needed

you win some, you lose some

Archived